British Speedway Forum

Poole Vs Redcar BSN SF 1st leg 17th May

No preview from either team yet. If Erik not riding, limited choice of guest and no you can't use Lawson lol ;)

Looking at averages you could have Schlein or Flint from Berwick, anyone from Scunny apart from Dougy or Brennan from Glasgow.

Biggest test for Poole this season as we only been riding against Plymouth a million times and Oxford! Interesting to see how it plans out.

Happily take a 12 point lead to Redcar. 

I’m told Poole will be without Anders Rowe due to an international commitment in Germany. R/R instead with Sam Hagon at No.8. Redcar hope to be at full strength.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

No preview from either team yet. If Erik not riding, limited choice of guest and no you can't use Lawson lol ;)

Looking at averages you could have Schlein or Flint from Berwick, anyone from Scunny apart from Dougy or Brennan from Glasgow.

Biggest test for Poole this season as we only been riding against Plymouth a million times and Oxford! Interesting to see how it plans out.

Happily take a 12 point lead to Redcar. 

Poole certainly haven't ridden against a team with a reserve the strength of Edwards, so will be tougher for Newman & Roynon. Should be two good meetings, but can't see past Poole for an aggregate win.

18 minutes ago, Dickie Head said:

I’m told Poole will be without Anders Rowe due to an international commitment in Germany. R/R instead with Sam Hagon at No.8. Redcar hope to be at full strength.

Well if that’s true, Erik Riss couldn’t have picked a tougher meeting to make his return.

21 minutes ago, Dickie Head said:

10 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

No offence to Rowe, but strengthens Poole imo

Would rather have a full team. But glad Poole have learnt their lesson and are having a no8 there and good choice with Sam Hagon too. 

Can someone remind me when a no8 can be used? Is it just in a r/r ride or can they replace a reserve as well? 

23 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Would rather have a full team. But glad Poole have learnt their lesson and are having a no8 there and good choice with Sam Hagon too. 

Can someone remind me when a no8 can be used? Is it just in a r/r ride or can they replace a reserve as well? 

Under the new rules a No.8 can replace ANY rider in any heat but cannot be used in heat 15, the reason for which is only known to the person who made up the rule.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Dickie Head said:

As per the Pirates website!!:approve:

ps. the last I heard about Riss was that he's still unfit to ride and seeking further investigation with a Neurologist!  Ipswich concur!

Edited by Skidder1

Representing GB in European under 23 Team Champs

Comfortable home win - if the Bears can keep it within 10 it would be respectable. Expect Danny and Charles to score the majority of the points and Poole second strings and reserves to out score their opposite numbers.

Would have purchased the stream but there is a reasonably important football game going on and I suspect a few Bears fans will be more focused on that.

• Like 1

He’s not at the return match on Saturday either, riding in a sgp2 qr at vojens denmark

• Thanks 1

BV colts aren't riding on Saturday so hopefully Sam Hagon can come in as a no8 again at Redcar. 

Shame that Anders isn't going to be here as really got some good form going atm. Was good in the Swindon meeting and at Plymouth. Passed Richie Worrall there which is no easy thing to do! 

2 hours ago, Yearbyred said:

Comfortable home win - if the Bears can keep it within 10 it would be respectable. Expect Danny and Charles to score the majority of the points and Poole second strings and reserves to out score their opposite numbers.

I can tell you non, of our riders will be taking a result for granted.

22 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Bombers average too high to guest for Riss?

Yes! 

Riss 8.24 and Bomber 8.76.

Even if you still get the 5% for being at home in 2nd leg they only have up to 8.65.

This is presuming I am looking at the right averages sheet. lol. I just looked at the one for start of season as no one's average has changed yet?

Edited by lisa-colette

8 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Yes! 

Riss 8.24 and Bomber 8.76.

Even if you still get the 5% for being at home in 2nd leg they only have up to 8.65.

This is presuming I am looking at the right averages sheet. lol. I just looked at the one for start of season as no one's average has changed yet?

Yeah don't think bsn or KO cup count to averages. 

He'll be hoping to finish behind Marcin first few league matches get that average down. Wages must be halved this season losing all these guest bookings 

• Haha 2

https://poole-speedway.com/fixtures-results/view/20230517-Poole-Pirates-v-Redcar-Bears

It says 'hoping to...' so I wouldn't say it is 100%. Rory Schlein seems best option if they end up needing a guest.

Edit - and if they did use Rory, that would be 3 riders in their team from our 2021 double champions season! 

Edited by lisa-colette