British Speedway Forum

Speedway Star

On 9/20/2024 at 3:25 PM, a4poster said:

The Speedway Star is great.  My problem is with the Post Office, five out the last six week it hasn't turned up on the Thursday.  When I ring up the duplicate issue turns up the next day.

Sometimes, the original will turn up on the Tuesday or Wednesday but usually not at all.  It is getting so bad I am becoming increasingly suspicious about the Royal Mail as if this is going astray what else is?

Your not alone Royal Mail have delivered my copy on Friday for the last three weeks.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2024 at 1:15 PM, Fromafar said:

There is not same number of fixtures and News these days in GB though.Needs something to fill the pages,I really enjoy the Foreign news but the delivery standards need to be addressed.Personally think the problem is Royal Mail local deliveries due to lack of staff.All my mail is affected these days.

This ^^, except other our mail arrives as normal, think the problem is the wrapping.  Missing issues never turn up if not delivered by Friday, phone call to the office (before 2pm) results in a copy arriving, in brown envelope, 1st post the very next day.  Late again BTW....

11 minutes ago, martinmauger said:

This ^^, except other our mail arrives as normal, think the problem is the wrapping.  Missing issues never turn up if not delivered by Friday, phone call to the office (before 2pm) results in a copy arriving, in brown envelope, 1st post the very next day.  Late again BTW....

Missing issues turn up for  got last weeks issue THIS TUESDAY don’t really know what’s going as my local sorting Office insist it gets delivered when it comes in.(I don’t believe them). Dave at SS is brilliant when contacted though.

It is the same here.  Speedway Star - the original never seems to turn up!  I usually wait to Friday / Monday lunchtime once the post has been that morning.  The duplicate seems to turn up the next day but the original can turn up the following Tuesday if it does at all.

I feel sorry for the guys at the Speedway Star as it must be hard keeping the magazine going without the Royal Mail doing their best to ruin things.  It is also getting a tad embarrassing having to keep ringing up and telling them of another no-show.

I think I will give it a couple more weeks and I will make the switch to the digital version.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2024 at 3:07 PM, Fromafar said:

Missing issues turn up for  got last weeks issue THIS TUESDAY don’t really know what’s going as my local sorting Office insist it gets delivered when it comes in.(I don’t believe them). Dave at SS is brilliant when contacted though.

He's a good egg is Dave Fairbrother, a man of few words who gets things done - he's great, as posted you do get a bit embarrassed making one too many Friday phone calls "er I'm afraid my Speedway Star hasn't arrived...".  Thing is the internet connection / wi-fi is so hit & miss in these parts due to the partial upgrading of the network to fibre optic, much prefer paper hard copy anyhoo....

Edited by martinmauger
belated spelling
  • Like 2

On 10/12/2024 at 11:14 AM, a4poster said:

Bingo! It has been delivered (Saturday)!

When done Royal Mail, another example on there complete incompetence.

I’m starting to think the way it is packaged and Addressed has something to do with delays.My local sorting Office said the laser scanning could possible miss the Address the way that it is formatted on Envelope  causing it to be rescanned later.(just a hunch)it’s only since the white envelope started that the real delays are More frequent.