British Speedway Forum

Speedway Star

5 hours ago, topaz325 said:

Has  anyone else had any issues with the star delivery , last weeks was at least four days late and still waiting for this weeks.

Ditto.

I went to my local Post Office Delivery Office to ask if there was a problem as my mail delivery is erratic,he said staff shortages doesn’t help.Interesting he also suggested that way the delivery envelope is formatted with the return Address at the top of front page might cause an issue with the Laser sensors which scan Mail causing them not to recognise the Real delivery Address at the bottom of the page.Which could cause a delay as the would have to be scanned by hand again.( not sure if that is valid though).Dave at Pinegen said my Post Code had a few issues last week though

Personally I think it’s just Royal Mail poor delivery service.

Ps. It was in my local Tesco Store on time.

Edited by Fromafar

54 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Ditto.

I went to my local Post Office Delivery Office to ask if there was a problem as my mail delivery is erratic,he said staff shortages doesn’t help.Interesting he also suggested that way the delivery envelope is formatted with the return Address at the top of front page might cause an issue with the Laser sensors which scan Mail causing them not to recognise the Real delivery Address at the bottom of the page.Which could cause a delay as the would have to be scanned by hand again.( not sure if that is valid though).Dave at Pinegen said my Post Code had a few issues last week though

Agree this weeks arrived today with about another 8 letters , seems like it’s a twice a week service.

34 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Agree this weeks arrived today with about another 8 letters , seems like it’s a twice a week service.

Have the same problem get a bundle about twice a week.These Companies paying 1st Class rates are getting a very poor deal.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2024 at 7:14 PM, poole keith said:

Another privatisation disaster,just got to hope the new Czech owner will improve things,would have preferred the Germans to own it but hoping for the best!!

Kretinsky doesn't own it.... Yet. 

On 6/29/2024 at 3:52 PM, Fromafar said:

Ditto.

Yes, this can cause an issue but the laser  can read numerous labels at once, but if there is still an issue it gets re-labelled within a few hours and should be on its way without any issues in the same day 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2024 at 11:51 AM, Skidder1 said:

Nice 'Off The Beaten Track' article in this week's SS re Poole's Matt Ford selling his Chateau in France!!

He will be the new promter at Coventry when it reopens as he offered at the planning appeal 

11 hours ago, topaz325 said:

Late again, still waiting for last weeks issue to arrive, Pinegen and their customers not getting the service that has been paid for.

It must be a local distribution issue and not Pinegen sending out late. Mine has arrived as regular as clockwork every week recently.

• 2 weeks later...

Do people who take Speedway Star agree with me that the magazine seems to be concentrating far too much on what is happening in foreign leagues, at the expense of British  affairs?

25 minutes ago, brianbuck said:

Do people who take Speedway Star agree with me that the magazine seems to be concentrating far too much on what is happening in foreign leagues, at the expense of British  affairs?

Absolutely not, those are the parts I am most likely to read. [Least likely to read are the recycled club press releases]

• Like 5

4 hours ago, brianbuck said:

Not much to write about over here is there? 

Could run a competition to keep interest maybe? 

"Who did Bomber guest for this week?" 

"Who is Scott guesting for next week? 

First Prize?  A season ticket at Birmingham...

Second Prize? Two season tickets!!!!;):D

I do like the international news as, to be honest, I watch more of overseas speedway than the UK version of the sport..

Until the play offs obviously, I turn up then...:D

The Speedway Star for me is still an excellent "window" into the sport for anyone maybe only finding out about Speedway..

A shame UK Speedway cannot maintain such high standards to match the magazine..

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mikebv said:

Not much to write about over here is there? 

Could run a competition to keep interest maybe? 

"Who did Bomber guest for this week?" 

"Who is Scott guesting for next week? 

First Prize?  A season ticket at Birmingham...

Second Prize? Two season tickets!!!!;):D

I do like the international news as, to be honest, I watch more of overseas speedway than the UK version of the sport..

Until the play offs obviously, I turn up then...:D

The Speedway Star for me is still an excellent "window" into the sport for anyone maybe only finding out about Speedway..

A shame UK Speedway cannot maintain such high standards to match the magazine..

Would agree.I really enjoy the International News section.Not much to write about in GB mainly who was guesting and who has been sacked.Suppose the “Birmingham Saga” is always worth a read though.

23 hours ago, brianbuck said:

I’d say they’ve probably scaled the foreign leagues back if anything didn’t last season they had all the meeting scorers from the top league in Poland but they don’t this season.