British Speedway Forum

Berwick v Scunthorpe 6/5/2023 6:30PM (League)

Just now, Fromafar said:

Clegg is a terrible signing.Another NDL superstar who can’t score points in Championship.MPT is another Brilliant or Rubbish on the the night and you don’t know when it will be.

Mpt goes one extreme to other in same meeting. I did think clegg was the worst of the available 5.5ish options but he's maybe good at scunny 

1 minute ago, Cerro said:

I saw an interview during the week saying he only had 1 bike at Plymouth? I think it was, ended up using Complin's bike the night after too. 

I was surprised he only seemed to have 2 bikes and one was written off at wolves. Most riders at that level have quite a few in my experience 

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

Clegg is a terrible signing.Another NDL superstar who can’t score points in Championship.MPT is another Brilliant or Rubbish on the the night and you don’t know when it will be.

Godfrey works in mysterious ways sometimes, surely Kemp was the best option.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

David Howe cost scunny the win with Dougys bike failures? Rough start for new signings but clegg never gone well there and ablett more of a small track rider. 

2 bikes wrecked at Wolves & Plymouth earlier in the week & not much time to turn around /tune to perfection. Did ok at Birmingham though.

48 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

I was surprised he only seemed to have 2 bikes and one was written off at wolves. Most riders at that level have quite a few in my experience 

Also riding in Poland at Liga 2 level so how much does he have to spend/uprate.

1 minute ago, IronScorpion said:

Also riding in Poland at Liga 2 level so how much does he have to spend/uprate.

Yes I'm aware of that. So do most the guys at his level, masters Pickering etc but never seen them riding a guest reserves bike 2 meetings in a row

If you read my thoughts on the Scunthorpe thread then you know what I think of the changes. A chance missed tonight for a win & a good chance for the aggregate point. Feel sick to the stomach.

2 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Yes I'm aware of that. So do most the guys at his level, masters Pickering etc but never seen them riding a guest reserves bike 2 meetings in a row

Maybe his bike wasn't right & wanted another bike of his size set up to ride. Jake & Simon a bit taller & MPT a bit smaller.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IronScorpion said:

If you read my thoughts on the Scunthorpe thread then you know what I think of the changes. A chance missed tonight for a win & a good chance for the aggregate point. Feel sick to the stomach.

Given the strength of the reserves in the League they should have took another 2 pointer and kept Thompson,if that was possible.IMO

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Given the strength of the reserves in the League they should have took another 2 pointer and kept Thompson,if that was possible.IMO

And as I have mentioned in the Scunthorpe thread, A rider of Jack Smith's capabilities would not have upset the apple cart.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

When a rider of MPT experience rides like junior Questions should asked.

I know MPT needs help in the pits which is not helped with his PL & cl duties & available help. Not got the back up required at both levels yet.