British Speedway Forum

POOLE V PLYMOUTH, K.O.Cup, 1st leg Weds 3/05/23

1 minute ago, HGould said:

Hope for Gladiators sake they can have a referee who can see when Lawson tries to fence someone and doesn't award a 5 1 to Poole when a Gladiator clearly wins the race

Hope we have a referee that notices when the gate staff repack the start gates that the home riders are on as well . 

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Jonnybegood said:

Half price entry as we could only see 1 half of the track, poxy dust bowl .

10 minutes ago, HGould said:

Hope for Gladiators sake they can have a referee who can see when Lawson tries to fence someone and doesn't award a 5 1 to Poole when a Gladiator clearly wins the race

7 minutes ago, Jonnybegood said:

Hope we have a referee that notices when the gate staff repack the start gates that the home riders are on as well . 

Let's get the violins out, do!!  :DCalled home advantage, deal with it.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, daz9100 said:

You reckon that heat home gate is prepared differently :rofl:

Even if we did do that. There is nothing wrong with it. Eastbourne used to do it all the time, still just using the track to your advantage. Home team can prepare it how they like as long as it stays safe.

25 minutes ago, HGould said:

Having had their Pits phone ripped off the wall by bad tempered Ginger whinger Middle ditch, any truth in the rumour that Mark Phillips is travelling in his Tractor to demolish the Poole Pits. 

Haha, well the police are nice and close lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Hahahaha. Preparing a track for home riders isn't cheating. This is hilarious!!

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Even if we did do that. There is nothing wrong with it. Eastbourne used to do it all the time, still just using the track to your advantage. Home team can prepare it how they like as long as it stays safe.

IF gates are being prepared differently for home riders like dear old Bob used to at Arlington then that most definitely is cheating and not just home advantage. Like I said, IF.

Anyway, thoroughly enjoying this thread so far  :D and I see Mr Phillips had his fishing rod out last week, did he get any bites :wink:

Edited by Bagpuss

24 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

IF gates are being prepared differently for home riders like dear old Bob used to at Arlington then that most definitely is cheating and not just home advantage. Like I said, IF.

Anyway, thoroughly enjoying this thread so far  :D and I see Mr Phillips had his fishing rod out last week, did he get any bites :wink:

I don't think it is. I used to laugh when Eastbourne used to do it! Plus no one goes near the start line at Poole in between each heat. Tractor only goes out after every 3/4 heats. So unless the invisible man is doing it, it isn't happening! 

Also I got a fair few likes for my 'biting' on twitter :D

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 2