British Speedway Forum

Jubilee final!!!!!

Let's have a celebration. Get one or two riders back in the team(s) and make this a happy occasion. We all know this cup tie (!?) don't mean a monkey's proverbial, so let's have some fun. I know I want to beat Poole. And I guess I'm not alone in that. So let's shout at each other and have a beer afterwards (I think I owe you a beer SS. And Lisa, I'll buy you one too). 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Robbee said:

Howabout

Scott Nicholls

Dan Thompson

Richie Worrall

Connor Mountain

Kyle Howarth

Joe Thompson

Connor Coles

???

I imagine Scotty will be on Eurosport duty on 13th as its the Warsaw GP!

Also I guess it depends on what CMA's are to be used for the Lions 1-7? 

2 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I imagine Scotty will be on Eurosport duty on 13th as its the Warsaw GP!

Also I guess it depends on what CMA's are to be used for the Lions 1-7? 

Going by the Poole press release, championship 2023 ones! 

18 minutes ago, False dawn said:

Let's have a celebration. Get one or two riders back in the team(s) and make this a happy occasion. We all know this cup tie (!?) don't mean a monkey's proverbial, so let's have some fun. I know I want to beat Poole. And I guess I'm not alone in that. So let's shout at each other and have a beer afterwards (I think I owe you a beer SS. And Lisa, I'll buy you one too). 

Aww, thanks! And i am always good at shouting lol

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

I actually think its pretty clever from Poole manage keeping their riders active. I was looking at Glasgow's fixtures and the amount of free weeks is ridiculous, for example no home match between 4th may and 2nd June!! Fair play to Poole keeping riders busy and the fans interested. 

I mean this meeting alone is obviously nonsense but treating it for what it is it's a good idea imo

its will be their undoing you can't keep any momentum going with the lack on matches is this the tigers not wanting to pay out more wages ? 

With the Poole leg in mind, not sure how good these are at Leicester, well obviously Harris, Joe and King are good there.

Harris 8.76

King 8.05

Flint 7.00

J. Knudsen 5.00 (might be in Den on Weds)

Hume 5.68

Ablitt 2.00

Joe T  3.27

Total 39.76

Top 5 all had good meetings at Poole last year and would be a good test for the Poole team. 

Edited by lisa-colette

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

I actually think its pretty clever from Poole manage keeping their riders active. I was looking at Glasgow's fixtures and the amount of free weeks is ridiculous, for example no home match between 4th may and 2nd June!! Fair play to Poole keeping riders busy and the fans interested. 

I mean this meeting alone is obviously nonsense but treating it for what it is it's a good idea imo

Tigers are at Scunthorpe on Friday May 13 and the two following Fridays are surely  blank for  KO Cup quarterfinal and (hopefully) BSN semi-final meetings. Problems will arise if/when fellow Friday night tracks are our opponents. Redcar look likely to beat Berwick in the Cup. Less certain but still possible is that Poole, Redcar, Scunthorpe and ourselves are the BSN semifinalists. Unless we get Poole then another Friday nighter in the BSN. 

In contrast Poole only have May 17 and June 28 as free Wednesdays before the end of August. Not enough should they progress to the final in one or both competitions.... and this assumes no rain offs. 

8 minutes ago, Beirao said:

Tigers are at Scunthorpe on Friday May 13 and the two following Fridays are surely  blank for  KO Cup quarterfinal and (hopefully) BSN semi-final meetings. Problems will arise if/when fellow Friday night tracks are our opponents. Redcar look likely to beat Berwick in the Cup. Less certain but still possible is that Poole, Redcar, Scunthorpe and ourselves are the BSN semifinalists. Unless we get Poole then another Friday nighter in the BSN. 

In contrast Poole only have May 17 and June 28 as free Wednesdays before the end of August. Not enough should they progress to the final in one or both competitions.... and this assumes no rain offs. 

May 13th is not a Friday! And their final Championship meeting before any play offs etc is 16th August v Redcar.

3 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

May 13th is not a Friday! And their final Championship meeting before any play offs etc is 16th August v Redcar.

Indeed! Well spotted it's May 12 not that it changes anything. BTW Poole have a 75th Anniversary meeting on Aug 30.