British Speedway Forum

Jubilee final!!!!!

3 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

I completely agree Arthur on the name change I just think the ships probably sailed on this now after the latest call off ( not Poole’s fault) and maybe to not make it more of a laughing stock just forget about it, both teams do not even have the same seven riders that got them to the final.

When it was decided that this fixture would be played it was ruled that Leicester would have to provide a team of BCL standards up to a 40 point limit based on start of the season averages.

This is a joke as Poole's riders having topped  the league would have obviously increased .They have in fact risen to a combined average of 45/46 wheras Leicester's selected riders only amount to the agreed 40. How is this fare? 

1 hour ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

When it was decided that this fixture would be played it was ruled that Leicester would have to provide a team of BCL standards up to a 40 point limit based on start of the season averages.

This is a joke as Poole's riders having topped  the league would have obviously increased .They have in fact risen to a combined average of 45/46 wheras Leicester's selected riders only amount to the agreed 40. How is this fare? 

Your post highlights that you are intelligent and will therefore be lost on the powers that be!

There are several speedway apps/programmes that could could "run" all three legs of this final (or a three way final at Sheffield) and tell who would have won this with last year's teams.
For me, that would be just as valid as what is now being attempted.

1 hour ago, False dawn said:

There are several speedway apps/programmes that could could "run" all three legs of this final (or a three way final at Sheffield) and tell who would have won this with last year's teams.
For me, that would be just as valid as what is now being attempted.

I've just asked ChatGPT who would win the Jubilee Trophy... and it just laughed at me :D

15 minutes ago, iainb said:

I've just asked ChatGPT who would win the Jubilee Trophy... and it just laughed at me :D

I did something similar and got the answer that we're not running that cup this year.

5 hours ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

But Leicester can pick 7 riders who have upped their averages, so their current total would no longer be 40.