British Speedway Forum

Jubilee final!!!!!

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Good stuff. Fingers crossed the weather stays dry enough for this to take place and we win our second team trophy of the year. Tomorrow is mostly a dry day with the occasional shower passing through. Friday similar with 40% chance of. Shower currently. 

Is this really a final you would want to brag about.  A final 12 months late what was to be a 3 legged final reduced to 2 legs and now a one off meeting against a select team with every chance the weather could turn it into a trick track.  Then again it could be your 3rd home final defeat in 4 weeks

Edited by snapper

11 minutes ago, snapper said:

Is this really a final you would want to brag about.  A final 12 months late what was to be a 3 legged final reduced to 2 legs and now a one off meeting against a select team with every chance the weather could turn it into a trick track.  Then again it could be your 3rd home final defeat in 4 weeks

Just to be clear we haven't actually lost at home, just on aggregate. Just to avoid confusion. :t:

1 hour ago, snapper said:

Should have been a one off final in the first place, IMO all the problems started when they went back on that. 

This competition is an absolute disgrace . To be holding it now with 2 cobbled together sides over one year after the passing of our Queen Elizabeth II in the depths of winter is disrespectful in the extreme.

If it were to be rerun at all, this competition should have had first priority restaging at the beginning of this season with all appropriate publicity, not tucked away as a last meeting of the season after thought.

I have nothing but contempt for the British Speedway fixture organisers responsible. 

May the rain Gods flood the Wimborne Road track and this meeting be consigned to join the memory of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II

18 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

This competition is an absolute disgrace . To be holding it now with 2 cobbled together sides over one year after the passing of our Queen Elizabeth II in the depths of winter is disrespectful in the extreme.

If it were to be rerun at all, this competition should have had first priority restaging at the beginning of this season with all appropriate publicity, not tucked away as a last meeting of the season after thought.

I have nothing but contempt for the British Speedway fixture organisers responsible. 

May the rain Gods flood the Wimborne Road track and this meeting be consigned to join the memory of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II

Poole will have their usual 1-7 (excepting r/r for Anders). Joe Thompson should be available.

6 hours ago, arnieg said:

Not sure how easy a congealed lump of plastic will be to mould though.

And eres me thinking that the trophy was made out of real silver but then I thought that this competition was real !

Is the live stream being shown on Reality TV ? 

:D

1 hour ago, Mike0310 said:

But it’s not the team who qualified for the final last year skidder is it ,so you can surely see how it’s becoming a farce.

It's an extra meeting for those that go for the racing. The only unfortunate thing with the Friday date means I shall miss my first home meeting this season!:cry:

10 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

It's an extra meeting for those that go for the racing. The only unfortunate thing with the Friday date means I shall miss my first home meeting this season!:cry:

Skidder1  So it's totally wrong that this meeting is called the  "Jubilee Cup final"  An absolute disrespectful disgrace.