British Speedway Forum

GP Round 1 Gorican Saturday April 29th

16 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

Think laguta would make the grand Prix more interesting but Bartosz is generation rider. Unstoppable 

Is he though? How can we be sure that Bartosz is the best around if he cannot prove it against the still undefeated 2021 World Champion?

At the moment his wins are "asterix" wins. He is a Joe Frazier rather than a Muhammad Ali.

He may well be a class above any other rider now, but he needs to prove it because last time he was pitted against Artem Laguta he lost.

The Russians need to be there.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, chunky said:

Okay, let's end the season now, and give him the trophy... It''ll stop people complaining about the racing...

So rather than making an argument or point as to why the post is wrong in your opinion, you just make a stupid comment instead. 
For me, the post was 100% spot on….of course he won’t win every GP but he WILL be World Champion again barring injury, whether you like it or not!! 
Head and shoulders better than all the rest (baring Laguta, but even he may not be able to compete with him anymore, after being out of big time speedway for so long).

I guess after that (unsurprisingly) dreadful first GP of the season the only way is up….hopefully!!

2 minutes ago, ytsejam said:

So rather than making an argument or point as to why the post is wrong in your opinion, you just make a stupid comment instead. 
For me, the post was 100% spot on….of course he won’t win every GP but he WILL be World Champion again barring injury, whether you like it or not!! 
Head and shoulders better than all the rest (baring Laguta, but even he may not be able to compete with him anymore, after being out of big time speedway for so long).

I guess after that (unsurprisingly) dreadful first GP of the season the only way is up….hopefully!!

Jesus Christ! Lighten up, and stop taking everything so bloody seriously! The two of us had been joking about things this afternoon, and that's why I added the sentence about the miserable buggers who were complaining about the racing - and everything else.

Anyway, if Doyle hadn't hit that rut, I don't think Zmarzlik would have caught him...

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, chunky said:

Jesus Christ! Lighten up, and stop taking everything so bloody seriously! The two of us had been joking about things this afternoon, and that's why I added the sentence about the miserable buggers who were complaining about the racing - and everything else.

Anyway, if Doyle hadn't hit that rut, I don't think Zmarzlik would have caught him...

Oh of course, silly me, I should have looked at every post made in here before I dared have the cheek to make my own comment! 
..and if you don’t think that people have reasons to complain about that bore fest (again!) with, what was it, ONE change of leader after the first bend in 23 races, then your “lightened up world” must be a real fantasy land!

2 minutes ago, ytsejam said:

Oh of course, silly me, I should have looked at every post made in here before I dared have the cheek to make my own comment! 
..and if you don’t think that people have reasons to complain about that bore fest (again!) with, what was it, ONE change of leader after the first bend in 23 races, then your “lightened up world” must be a real fantasy land!

No, we know it's not the greatest racing track, but the fact that they were able to put the meeting on at all was fantastic. As I said elsewhere, speedway is often ruined by the weather. That's not going to change anytime soon, so we have to accept it. Constant whining about it is not the solution, but it seems to be what a lot of people want.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

All three riders had 32210, each beat one of the others, I believe that the tie was broken by the lowest GP number

It was decided by the lowest FIM allocated SGP ranking number.

4. Lindgren
12. Holder
13. Fricke

14 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

Phil Morris is so annoying. Takes himself far too seriously. Chill out mate. 

Watching him at work was probably one of the most entertaining things about last night... he was doing his job and he was doing it really well, British Speedway are lucky to have him onboard... I just hope it's not too late!

14 hours ago, tyke said:

It would have been called off at 4pm in the UK  with everyone looking at their weather apps :party: 

It's amazing what a positive can do attitude and a few brushes can do!

10 hours ago, Grachan said:

Is he though? How can we be sure that Bartosz is the best around if he cannot prove it against the still undefeated 2021 World Champion?

At the moment his wins are "asterix" wins. He is a Joe Frazier rather than a Muhammad Ali.

He may well be a class above any other rider now, but he needs to prove it because last time he was pitted against Artem Laguta he lost.

The Russians need to be there.

Similar to when Tai was winning his world championships and the other best rider in the world (Emil) elected not to ride in the GP series

21 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Anyone think Lambert is looking a little overweight?? 

Been slow in Poland so far & very slow so far now

Robert "Daniel" Lambert came good in the end :D

Edited by iainb

1 minute ago, keepturningleft said:

What happened to Abi Stephens?

Earlier during the snooker there was a preview of the meeting with Abi and Greg Hancock, seemingly at the venue, as part of the presentation team.

Come the evening and no sign of either of them. Very strange!

The only time I saw Greg again was later in the evening "helping" Tragic Janowski 

1 minute ago, keepturningleft said:

Earlier during the snooker there was a preview of the meeting with Abi and Greg Hancock, seemingly at the venue, as part of the presentation team.

They were on my tele

5 minutes ago, Dornier said:

They were on my tele

Ah, I was watching it on discovery plus where they cut to Scott Nicholls in the pits during the ad breaks

Edited by iainb

26 minutes ago, iainb said:

Similar to when Tai was winning his world championships and the other best rider in the world (Emil) elected not to ride in the GP series

I don't think it's the same. Firstly, Emil opting out was his own choice. Secondly, he wasn't the undefeated champion.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, keepturningleft said:

They were on at the end on Discovery+.

8 minutes ago, Grachan said:

I don't think it's the same. Firstly, Emil opting out was his own choice. Secondly, he wasn't the undefeated champion.

I did say similar... not the same

36 minutes ago, iainb said:

Ah, I was watching it on discovery plus where they cut to Scott Nicholls in the pits during the ad breaks

So did I , much better showing the GP without countless ad breaks and Nicholls is quite good at his job.

The GP was a complete and utter gate and go show and although the rain didn’t help I don’t think it affected it as much as most thought it would.

The four of us watching though Woffinden and Bewley would pick the two best gates (Red and Yellow) in the second SF but no they decided to let Zmarzlik select Red and paid the ultimate price as he outgated both of them, up till then they both looked quite quick, but they both blew it big style in the semi.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Once again the FIM speedway website(Discovery) are unable to get the scores right !!!!

Fricke and Jack Holder are wrong

Bewley and Michelsen are also wrong

https://fimspeedway.com/results/2023-fim-speedway-gp-of-croatia-donji-kraljevec

It shows there is something wrong with the scoring system if the commentators don't know who ranks higher, it's unforgivable that the organisers can't work it out!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

It shows there is something wrong with the scoring system if the commentators don't know who ranks higher, it's unforgivable that the organisers can't work it out!

Nobody knows... and if even R&R can't get it right, the ultimate test, the scoring system is not fit for purpose

• Like 3

11 hours ago, chunky said:

Anyway, if Doyle hadn't hit that rut, I don't think Zmarzlik would have caught him..

Can't agree with that we will never know, IMO Bart  would still have won Doyle fell off all by himself he  appears on the edge of doing so to me a lot of the  time bucking and rearing in most of his races .

Edited by FAST GATER