British Speedway Forum

Leicester vs Ipswich KOC 30th March

14 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

Should run the sport May to September 

January was great here, no rain at all and not cold. It can rain any time of year, rubbish happens. 

25 minutes ago, BTFC LION said:

Yes well aware of the date, that's why I left it so long to reply, post like that can be very damaging to clubs, 

If it's regarding my post about the drainage? I just got told by someone that there was an issue with the draining that's all. Hence why I wanted to clear it up on the forum and see if anyone can confirm that everything is fine track wise. I had around 11 new potential fans coming to the speedway on Thursday and are very disappointed why the meeting was postponed considering how good the weather was on that day. So I just wanted clear an rumour up.

37 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

If it's regarding my post about the drainage? I just got told by someone that there was an issue with the draining that's all. Hence why I wanted to clear it up on the forum and see if anyone can confirm that everything is fine track wise. I had around 11 new potential fans coming to the speedway on Thursday and are very disappointed why the meeting was postponed considering how good the weather was on that day. So I just wanted clear an rumour up.

You wanted a rumour cleared up on the forum:blink:,it's on the forum where many rumours start unfotunately.Many of them untrue.

1 minute ago, tellboy said:

You wanted a rumour cleared up on the forum:blink:,it's on the forum where many rumours start unfotunately.Many of them untrue.

And I know are people are within the club on here and wanted an answer for peace of mind..really don't see an issue with it. I keep getting bombarded from my mates about why it wasn't on and I kept saying....you'll get used it! And that the rain done the damage days before. Trying to explain speedway to new fans is proving quite difficult 

1 hour ago, FishersGate said:

Well I can confirm it was not the drainage that caused Thursday call off, the damage had already been done, I am not sure if people realise how much rain we have had, we have emptied the drains 3 times since last weekend,  each drain hold approximately 5 thousand ltrs,  we have 8 main drains, they were full each time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What is probably more damaging to the club, rather than a comment on an obscure forum,  is there being no Speedway on the opening night of the season when the weather is fine after all the build up, returning to the top league,  a spot on local TV and radio and the visit of a former World Champion and the returning Russian.

Instead the season opens with a junior match. 

Still, you can't do much about the weather without some kind of track cover system. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, iainb said:

What is probably more damaging to the club, rather than a comment on an obscure forum,  is there being no Speedway on the opening night of the season when the weather is fine after all the build up, returning to the top league,  a spot on local TV and radio and the visit of a former World Champion and the returning Russian.

Still, you can't do much about the weather without some kind of track cover system. 

Regardless of whether (no pun intended) the decision was correct (and I'm sure it was) we have to lament the loss of a really mouth watering opening match.
I was looking forward to Dan Thompson beating Emil, preferably from the back. Well he did it to Jason Crump, 3 times world champ, and Emil hasn't won one (yet).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BTFC LION said:

Well I can confirm it was not the drainage that caused Thursday call off, the damage had already been done, I am not sure if people realise how much rain we have had, we have emptied the drains 3 times since last weekend,  each drain hold approximately 5 thousand ltrs,  we have 8 main drains, they were full each time.

Thanks for clearing that up

17 hours ago, iainb said:

To be honest there is no one more disappointed than myself and all the others who have been working so hard at our track for months.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, FishersGate said:

And I know are people are within the club on here and wanted an answer for peace of mind..really don't see an issue with it. I keep getting bombarded from my mates about why it wasn't on and I kept saying....you'll get used it! And that the rain done the damage days before. Trying to explain speedway to new fans is proving quite difficult 

Yeah, I wouldn't bother explaining it! They prob enjoy it more if they don't know what is happening :)

• Like 1