British Speedway Forum

BERWICK v REDCAR (KO Cup) Saturday, April 1st

To be honest the Seasons fixtures are that disjointed the a lot of fans are losing interest with weeks between fixturesIMO.It was a mistake not to have 2 home and 2 away in the league.IMO.Not everybody wants a double header or a Bullets fixture.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 6

Team needs changing and fast as we’re out the BSN and KO cups and we’re not yet in May. A lot of fans won’t come at £20 a head they expect decent speedway for that money last night was gate and go no excitement no passing very boring. Friday night and Saturday we were basically down to a five man team we can’t compete having to use r/r and Grieg Blair who does well for the bullets but the step up is to big. Jye hasn’t improved and we signed him again tj isn’t a no1 Rory didn’t look intrested last night  Leon and Cole’s were only ones to get pass marks 

55 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

To be honest the Seasons fixtures are that disjointed the a lot of fans are losing interest with weeks between fixturesIMO.It was a mistake not to have 2 home and 2 away in the league.IMO.Not everybody wants a double header or a Bullets fixture.

Correct 

5 hours ago, Jambo said:

Team needs changing and fast as we’re out the BSN and KO cups and we’re not yet in May. A lot of fans won’t come at £20 a head they expect decent speedway for that money last night was gate and go no excitement no passing very boring. Friday night and Saturday we were basically down to a five man team we can’t compete having to use r/r and Grieg Blair who does well for the bullets but the step up is to big. Jye hasn’t improved and we signed him again tj isn’t a no1 Rory didn’t look intrested last night  Leon and Cole’s were only ones to get pass marks 

Berwick are not out of the BSN yet, although it would take a miracle for them to qualify!

12 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

No facility for a replacement for Zaine as that finishes midweek

8 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Unless they get another 28 day facility?

3 hours ago, Paul Johnson said:

not allowed one

I'm sure when the first fit a 28 day facility they announced, they could apply for another 28 days once it finishes? Wether they are allowed is another question?

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I'm sure when the first fit a 28 day facility they announced, they could apply for another 28 days once it finishes? Wether they are allowed is another question?

No wonder speedway is struggling.

Was at Redcar when Leon fell before the meeting (chat was there was no facility for him as he didn't crash in the meeting).

Word is other teams get a facility for a rider not having raced this year and not in the country (and it can be extended).

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Gambo95 said:

Was at Redcar when Leon fell before the meeting (chat was there was no facility for him as he didn't crash in the meeting).

Word is other teams get a facility for a rider not having raced this year and not in the country (and it can be extended).

Has Berwick got anyone on the management committee :rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, lewy said:

Has Berwick got anyone on the management committee :rolleyes:

Have Scunthorpe :D:D:D

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Gambo95 said:

Word is there is a new rule just been inserted in rulebook.You have to have a Z in your forename too get an extended 28 days

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Word is there is a new rule just been inserted in rulebook.You have to have a Z in your forename too get an extended 28 days

That explains why Edwardz Kennett has just taken out a Polish License.

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Kiwi or Cherry Blossom.

reminds me of the joke what tin of polish was in The 3 Musketeers. The Dark Tan Yin

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

I can’t think of them announcing double header prices. Don’t know why they’re needing to run double headers, especially when it’s two different clubs, but a lot of people won’t be interested in paying in excess of £30 to watch it

I think £25 will be the limit over which many many people just wont bother going, but with so many empty Saturday`s I see no need to run double headers.

1 hour ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

I can’t think of them announcing double header prices. Don’t know why they’re needing to run double headers, especially when it’s two different clubs, but a lot of people won’t be interested in paying in excess of £30 to watch it

They will have to announce them if you have to buy online

Edited by Fromafar

45 minutes ago, screm said:

I think £25 will be the limit over which many many people just wont bother going, but with so many empty Saturday`s I see no need to run double headers.

3 Double Headers in the fixture list so probably 6 meetings for 3 weeks rent