British Speedway Forum

Oxford v Poole 5/4/23 BSN Series

12 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

I could be wrong, but think this was the Unipart shuttle bus. I think it drops off and picks up at Sandy Lane now, due to access issues into Ashville Way last season.

Could be, but it came the other way up Sandy Lane. I thought the shuttle was just a minibus, this was a 52 seater or thereabouts 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

Could be, but it came the other way up Sandy Lane. I thought the shuttle was just a minibus, this was a 52 seater or thereabouts 

No, the Unipart bus is a big thing. Although I presume it would come from the Garsington Road direction….unless it does some elaborate detour. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bojangles said:

No, the Unipart bus is a big thing. Although I presume it would come from the Garsington Road direction….unless it does some elaborate detour. 

...how I miss those names! Sandy Lane, Watlington and Garsingtion Roads where I grew up!

• Like 1

On 4/5/2023 at 4:07 PM, szkocjasid said:

So it's been the Premier Trophy, Jubilee / Summer Trophy, League Cup, Championship shield maybe? I'm sure one year the KOC had group stages too!

This was a new competition introduced last year as the Summer Trophy with 3 regional groups and the winners of each group meeting in a final to be held at a neutral venue, Sheffield. Then  it was re-branded without any press release to the Jubilee Trophy, then the final at a neutral venue was abandoned in favour of a 3 legged final at each of the finalists home tracks, then Glasgow pulled out because Her Majesty the Queen died (:() just leaving Leicester and Poole as the finalists and that final has not been run. Both clubs, months ago, have said the final will be run and then it's been silence! And now we're starting this years competition! It has never been the Premier Trophy, League Cup or Champ Sheild it's only ever been the Summer Trophy and the Jubilee Trophy. Why anybody should support this competition is beyond me... what's the situation for the BSN Series final do you know?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, iainb said:

This was a new competition introduced last year as the Summer Trophy with 3 regional groups and the winners of each group meeting in a final to be held at a neutral venue, Sheffield. Then  it was re-branded without any press release to the Jubilee Trophy, then the final at a neutral venue was abandoned in favour of a 3 legged final at each of the finalists home tracks, then Glasgow pulled out because Her Majesty the Queen died (:() just leaving Leicester and Poole as the finalists and that final has not been run. Both clubs, months ago, have said the final will be run and then it's been silence! And now we're starting this years competition! It has never been the Premier Trophy, League Cup or Champ Sheild it's only ever been the Summer Trophy and the Jubilee Trophy. Why anybody should support this competition is beyond me... what's the situation for the BSN Series final do you know?

3 group winners plus the best runner-up go into 2 semi finals.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, iainb said:

One team won't offer any dates for final that I know

19 minutes ago, weatherman said:

One team won't offer any dates for final that I know

Don't care who it is... but this should have been the opening fixture of the season

15 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Glasgow by any chance 

Glasgow should be banned from all competitions except for the league for this season

• Like 2
  • Haha 2