British Speedway Forum

Speedway Betting 2023

orion

1 hour ago, orion said:

I see that Sheff have got Fricke into replace Woffy tonight..So with Leics out the play offs a good option for them in the play offs..Ippo not the worst value now that Belle Vue are with out Wright 

I've gone with the value @ 6's on Ipswich, I just think if Rew can hit some form then Ipswich should go on to lift the title because Emil and Doyle will always keep them in meetings, Rew can replace Hume and Riss too which is an advantage. 

BV with a full 1-7 would've been clear favourites but I wouldn't be touching them with a 6 man team @ 10/11 because you need all team members firing plus you need a bit of luck as well to remain injury free otherwise they'll be down to 5 riders so I've got to look for value, Wolves are struggling to win a meeting inside 15 Hts at Home so they're a no go for me as I think they'll lose the away league to any side and I think Sheffield's tail end of the team is on par with Ipswich's now yet they're a much shorter price @ 11/4

6 hours ago, TTT said:

I've gone with the value @ 6's on Ipswich, I just think if Rew can hit some form then Ipswich should go on to lift the title because Emil and Doyle will always keep them in meetings, Rew can replace Hume and Riss too which is an advantage. 

BV with a full 1-7 would've been clear favourites but I wouldn't be touching them with a 6 man team @ 10/11 because you need all team members firing plus you need a bit of luck as well to remain injury free otherwise they'll be down to 5 riders so I've got to look for value, Wolves are struggling to win a meeting inside 15 Hts at Home so they're a no go for me as I think they'll lose the away league to any side and I think Sheffield's tail end of the team is on par with Ipswich's now yet they're a much shorter price @ 11/4

Who can take the RR rides for Wright 

7 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I've joined you on this one, as i'll be watching it.

Should be able to cover the handicap easily imo.

Emil, Doyle & King should be good for around 32-34 between them, Rew should score very well at reserve and Riss is riding better now.

1 minute ago, TTT said:

Should be able to cover the handicap easily imo.

Emil, Doyle & King should be good for around 32-34 between them, Rew should score very well at reserve and Riss is riding better now.

Funny, i had the big  three down for 34, when i was doing the maths. 

That was easy.

I'd still encourage anyone to have a bet on Ipswich in the play-offs even though their odds will be cut now.

Charles Wright was BV's most effective rider around Foxhall statistically.

Wolves rely on Super Heats to win Home meetings and that's no good when it comes to Play-off Speedway.

Sheffield aren't any good with their recent changes because the No.6 is weak and Holder is mentally beaten before a meeting even gets started on a track that presents a challenge, Woffinden won't be anywhere near fit even if he does ride.

19 hours ago, TTT said:

That was easy.

I'd still encourage anyone to have a bet on Ipswich in the play-offs even though their odds will be cut now.

Charles Wright was BV's most effective rider around Foxhall statistically.

Wolves rely on Super Heats to win Home meetings and that's no good when it comes to Play-off Speedway.

Sheffield aren't any good with their recent changes because the No.6 is weak and Holder is mentally beaten before a meeting even gets started on a track that presents a challenge, Woffinden won't be anywhere near fit even if he does ride.

9 -2 now..so someone has ..

21 minutes ago, orion said:

9 -2 now..so someone has ..

Still too big imo, I'd make them 5/2 or 11/4 2nd favourites tbh because I can't see them losing over two legs to Sheffield or Wolves considering Ipswich have riders who go well around those tracks.

3 hours ago, TTT said:

Still too big imo, I'd make them 5/2 or 11/4 2nd favourites tbh because I can't see them losing over two legs to Sheffield or Wolves considering Ipswich have riders who go well around those tracks.

Odds would still be longer as the expectation would be Ipswich won't get the chance to take on Wolves or Sheffield so their ability at those tracks is less relevant

1 hour ago, TTT said:

Damn it! Really fancied Ipswich over two legs against anyone considering the red hot form they're in.

That's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes. 

Close the book - its now a foregone conclusion

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not sure if this smart or dumb..but clearly Bet 365 don't know the first leg had been called off and still had ippo at 8 -1 for the play offs..I've taken that with the rain about hoping Doyle might be fit.by the time they race again.     Just looked 9-2 now..Happy days 

Edited by orion
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, orion said:

Not sure if this smart or dumb..but clearly Bet 365 don't know the first leg had been called off and still had ippo at 8 -1 for the play offs..I've taken that with the rain about hoping Doyle might be fit.by the time they race again.     Just looked 9-2 now..Happy days 

I saw that earlier as well, I would've got on them at 8's if I didn't already have a bet on them.

Fingers crossed Doyley is fit for Thursday.

• Like 1