Esben Hjerrild DK
Norick Blödorn DE
Francis Gusts LV
13. Wildcard 1
14. Wildcard 2
15. Wildcard 3
16. Local wildcard

• Like 1

With 3 Poles, 3 Swedes, & 3 Danes already qualified I can't see another being selected as a wildcard.

A Czech would be picked as they always support these events so Klima as the best in the rounds.

Then a British rider & as the same reason as above it would be Rowe.

The third choice is a lottery Maybe a second Brit or Czech with Gilkes & Chulpac in the running

42 minutes ago, Technik said:

With 3 Poles, 3 Swedes, & 3 Danes already qualified I can't see another being selected as a wildcard.

A Czech would be picked as they always support these events so Klima as the best in the rounds.

Then a British rider & as the same reason as above it would be Rowe.

The third choice is a lottery Maybe a second Brit or Czech with Gilkes & Chulpac in the running

Problem is there is a Pole and a couple of Danes who deserve a Wild Card going by the stark results.

8 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Problem is there is a Pole and a couple of Danes who deserve a Wild Card going by the stark results.

I would not disagree that they are deserving of a place in the finals but there are other Nations that have no riders in the top 12 & with only 3 slots to fill I'm sure the powers would prefer to see more flags flying than more riders under the same flag.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Technik said:

I'm sure the powers would prefer to see more flags flying than more riders under the same flag.

pretty confident that's the way the FIM will see it

A pretty grim effort from the GB riders. Two years in a row now that no one has qualified for SGP2 on merit. There doesn't seem to be a lot coming through and can't see any of the current lot and Brennan making much of an impact at the top of the sport. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chris said:

A pretty grim effort from the GB riders. Two years in a row now that no one has qualified for SGP2 on merit. There doesn't seem to be a lot coming through and can't see any of the current lot and Brennan making much of an impact at the top of the sport. 

No disrespect meant (as Simon is now officially an Aces legend after the play off final):D, but the current crop will be more Simon Lambert, than Robert Lambert..

Good for filling spaces in teams in the UK (much needed too), but not going to break into the world level..

Interesting to see both Rowe and Kemp are "improving" in Poland in that ultra professional and pressurised environment.

Definitely the place for them to stay, do the "hard yards" and hopefully reap the rewards in a few years.. 

Its the first time in a long while that we havent had a "talent" emerge at 16 or so, that you could clearly say is destined for the top level..

Maybe a few U24 test matches against the emerging Swedes and Danes would be worth doing..?

Some decent talent on display I would suggest which would generate decent crowds at fhe right tracks..

We could take Poland on at Monmore, Plymouth and Buxton..:D

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

Its the first time in a long while that we havent had a "talent" emerge at 16 or so, that you could clearly say is destined for the top level..

Maybe a few U24 test matches against the emerging Swedes and Danes would be worth doing..?

I'd argue that's been the natural state for the best part of 15-20 years, with Robert Lambert and Dan Bewley in quick succession being the exceptions that have helped mask our decline.

Between 2010 and 2015 the top Brit in the World under 21 was Stefan Nielsen - 12th in 2015.

Yes to test matches, if only they were logistically and financially possible.