British Speedway Forum

Plymouth last signing

On 2/23/2023 at 9:48 AM, Fromafar said:

Doesn’t appear so.!

4 hours ago, RacersandRoyals88 said:

Can't Plymouth just stick Kemp in the final team place?!!? poor lad needs a ride

Kemp won't fit average wise his temprement has done for him.

Plymouth will be going Antipodean....no doubt! :rolleyes: a 4 pointer!

13 hours ago, HGould said:

Who rides in Oz regional championships. 

Can't  get more "Antipodean" than that lol. 

Well certainly by dictionary description. 

Looks like a very shrewd signing to me. 

Just need you to tell us who the 7th rider is at brum and your god like status will be restored. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, foreverblue said:

A 26 year old who it seems only a few people have heard of doesn't sound too promising!

You never know how good they are going to be! People said Hans Andersen wasn't going to be good cos they hadn't heard of him before 2001. And also who thought Ben Cook was going to start off his Poole career that good especially his first away meeting at Glasgow where he got 8 I believe. 

With Plymouth's top 5 he only needs to get 3-4 points a meeting. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

You never know how good they are going to be! People said Hans Andersen wasn't going to be good cos they hadn't heard of him before 2001. And also who thought Ben Cook was going to start off his Poole career that good especially his first away meeting at Glasgow where he got 8 I believe. 

Still a risk whichever angle you put on it. 

36 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Ok fair enough but he only got one point in the Australian meeting at Gilman in December so he doesn't sound too promising. He may ok who knows but Pearson at Birmingham would seem the better prospect. 

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

Ok fair enough but he only got one point in the Australian meeting at Gilman in December so he doesn't sound too promising. He may ok who knows but Pearson at Birmingham would seem the better prospect. 

It’s a very strange signing. Has nothing to show the reason why Plymouth would want to sign him. Keleher is a much more accomplished rider than Turner, and he didn’t make the grade either. Looks like Turner fitted the remit and is willing to come. A shame there aren’t better him grown prospects to fill the spot.

22 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

It’s a very strange signing. Has nothing to show the reason why Plymouth would want to sign him. Keleher is a much more accomplished rider than Turner, and he didn’t make the grade either. Looks like Turner fitted the remit and is willing to come. A shame there aren’t better him grown prospects to fill the spot.

Yes I think you are correct, Turner came second to Schlein in a Australian National meeting recently and I think that qualified him for a visa. Doesn't look like a good signing to me but as Lisa said he could be ok. 

7 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes I think you are correct, Turner came second to Schlein in an Australian National meeting recently and I think that qualified him for a visa. Doesn't look like a good signing to me but as Lisa said he could be ok. 

Who was the last Kiwi to make a real impression over here? Gary Allan? About time a New Zealand rider made a break through.