British Speedway Forum

Ablitt

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Nathan did the usual inexperienced rider mistake of waiting. He should have said to Danny, do I have a team place, and if the answer was not sure, start phoning around straight away. To wait, then discover no spot, and then further discover no places elsewhere is basic error. Get yourself fixed up asap.

It's certainly not kind but with the points reduction can fully understand that Poole having to empty one recognised H/L would seek to go for 2 much stronger reserves to try and make sure they p/up the points against a lot of weaker reserves in 2023 to compensate. Especially if Ben Cook doesn't fill the 3rd H/L spot that many anticipate (or hope) he might.

Also I fully appreciate it was Nathan's first Champ season and against many stronger reserves but the stats don't lie.

In 38 Champ matches he had 120 rides and achieved a CMA of 1.47 per meeting. 

Yes he would probably up that in 2023 against some weaker reserves but even that no guaranteed. His 12 match N/L CMA was 7.20. A number of Champ reserves for 2023 had higher N/L av last season so no guarantee he would push on so much say against a Roynon (anticipated at Poole) who had a nearly 2 point higher av and with his experience will probably score a lot more against the younger inexperienced reserves.

Yes it is a shame but as said elsewhere hopefully he will pick up a slot, especially if he improves his av in the now 8 team NDL as well as getting experience in the U24 POL EXL in Poland.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, HGould said:

That's bollix quite frankly. 

Since Danny boy publicly said he had plans a, b, c and a "dream team" 

No doubt Nathan asked or his dad asked, probably told he was in some permutations but not others and as an Asset did the respectful thing and waited. 

Would Danny Boy have authorised a move anyway until his own team was sorted? 

Nathan has been shafted by Poole and the Asset system and points reduction. 

The only inexperience he's shown is signing for a Club that spits out riders when it suits them

Regardless of being an asset a rider is self employed and does not have to wait if he got fixed up there would be nothing poole could of done . the asset system is entirely for the purpose of the bond to the Bspl

• Like 3

Reading the piece in the star this week I genuinely felt sorry for the lad.

once the Poole team line up from 1-7 was ready for the playoffs and cup matches he never got his heat 8 ride, then depending on the opposition 6 and 7 he could lose his heat 12 ride to Zach too.

So in reality out of his programmed 4 rides against his oppositions #7 he was in only getting 2/3 to try and make/improve on his average.

From the outside looking in and seeing his scoring he wouldn’t be very attractive for teams for 2023 which is a shame as most teams are taking a 2 pointer at reserve. Had  he been allowed to actually race in all of his designated heats maybe his scoring may have been a lot more impressive.

Not that I’m hoping for anyone in the league to lose there spot for 23 but it would be interesting to see how he performs when given all four of his rides in the designated heats.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HGould said:

That's bollix quite frankly. 

Since Danny boy publicly said he had plans a, b, c and a "dream team" 

No doubt Nathan asked or his dad asked, probably told he was in some permutations but not others and as an Asset did the respectful thing and waited. 

Would Danny Boy have authorised a move anyway until his own team was sorted? 

Nathan has been shafted by Poole and the Asset system and points reduction. 

The only inexperience he's shown is signing for a Club that spits out riders when it suits them

See the brummie nutter is on nearly every team's forums pages as normal for him taking loads of crap.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Cast1rn said:

Reading the piece in the star this week I genuinely felt sorry for the lad.

once the Poole team line up from 1-7 was ready for the playoffs and cup matches he never got his heat 8 ride, then depending on the opposition 6 and 7 he could lose his heat 12 ride to Zach too.

So in reality out of his programmed 4 rides against his oppositions #7 he was in only getting 2/3 to try and make/improve on his average.

From the outside looking in and seeing his scoring he wouldn’t be very attractive for teams for 2023 which is a shame as most teams are taking a 2 pointer at reserve. Had  he been allowed to actually race in all of his designated heats maybe his scoring may have been a lot more impressive.

Not that I’m hoping for anyone in the league to lose there spot for 23 but it would be interesting to see how he performs when given all four of his rides in the designated heats.

There was no reason to reduce the Points limit .IMO

• Like 1

I applaud them (Poole) for sticking with him for the whole season....he's not good enough for the Championship, not sure if he has the potential...I haven't seen or know enough about him to make that judgement.

Take Pearson from 'B'ham' ? he obviously has got it....hence why B'ham are pursuing with him!

12 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

In all honesty do you think they would’ve kept him even if they stayed at 42 points? Richie, Steve and Danny all dropped on their 2022 averages. 

With reductions last year's team is 42.28. So just a little over the 42. If you replace Drew with Jack Thomas then it would be 41.86. So if limit did stay at 42, I think we would have just had the one change as quite close to the limit! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cast1rn said:

In all honesty do you think they would’ve kept him even if they stayed at 42 points? Richie, Steve and Danny all dropped on their 2022 averages. 

Richie?take it you mean Lawson.Think they would have kept the same Heat-leaders though.Think that was the reason for the “lowered averages”.Riders have been doing it for years.

• Like 2

Nathan certainly does have potential. Last year was a massive learning curve for him and a huge step up. No easy rides and because of having a stronger number t he was only getting three  heats a meeting. 

Trouble was he rarely gated and gave the opposition a head start. After the second bend he was on the same pace but he does need to vastly improve his starts. I am sure he will be picked up by a championship club sooner rather than later as he has the beating of several reserves who are signed up. He’s a young lad with plenty of time on his side. Poland have seen something there. Enough to be picked up.

• Like 1

Nathan certainly does have potential. Last year was a massive learning curve for him and a huge step up. No easy rides and because of having a stronger number t he was only getting three  heats a meeting. 

Trouble was he rarely gated and gave the opposition a head start. After the second bend he was on the same pace but he does need to vastly improve his starts. I am sure he will be picked up by a championship club sooner rather than later as he has the beating of several reserves who are signed up. He’s a young lad with plenty of time on his side. Poland have seen something there. Enough to be picked up.

Several? There's 2 he's certainly got the beating of trigger and killeen imo the rest I ain't so sure time will tell tho. 

I agree with you , he certainly has potential and has got the right attitude . I am sure he will progress in to a very good rider.