British Speedway Forum

Monarchs Academy 2023

edmon

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
29 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Just wait until Dayle Wood takes to the track....  

At least we know Dayle is going to be bad... where Kyle should be better...

Edinburgh got to hope this Borke is twice as good as Hook, or else they're going to be just as bad...

38 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I don't believe so, any comments I've read from Bickley (especially last year) suggest he wants Championship racing.

He may want it, but is he really good enough for it right now. Maybe he needs to focus on his form and confidence back in the national league again if he really wants to be back in the championship.

15 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

He may want it, but is he really good enough for it right now. Maybe he needs to focus on his form and confidence back in the national league again if he really wants to be back in the championship.

Would that change anything though? Obviously I don't exactly know a speedway riders mindset, but currently Bickley knows scoring double figures & having a 9+ NL average doesn't translate to scoring well in the Champ. So now he doesn't have a Champ team & he continues scoring double figures & having a 9+ NL average - what has changed? How would he ever know if he's ready for the Champ again?

Will Jacob Hook be allowed to continue riding in the NDL now that he's lost his Championship place?

I don't know how visas and permits work, but don't you have to have a professional job paying a guaranteed amount of money per week to be allowed to stay in the country?  Now that he's lost his professional source of income will he be allowed to continue NDL or will immigration tell him to sling his proverbial? 

6 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

If he’s not good enough for it now after 3 full seasons in Championship you have to ask will he ever be good enough.It’s not as though the level is getting any higher.He just seems to have stalled.

46 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

If he’s not good enough for it now after 3 full seasons in Championship you have to ask will he ever be good enough.It’s not as though the level is getting any higher.He just seems to have stalled.

He hasn't stalled he's gone back over massively imo

7 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

Will Jacob Hook be allowed to continue riding in the NDL now that he's lost his Championship place?

I don't know how visas and permits work, but don't you have to have a professional job paying a guaranteed amount of money per week to be allowed to stay in the country?  Now that he's lost his professional source of income will he be allowed to continue NDL or will immigration tell him to sling his proverbial? 

Only if they find out! ;)

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

Someone better versed in these matters may confirm but chances are Edinburgh will still provide the minimum requirements of his visa (accommodation,  basic income etc) just because he has lost his riding place with the CL side i think they are duty bound for the duration of the visa?