British Speedway Forum

Monarchs Academy 2023

edmon

On 1/25/2023 at 12:13 AM, Diamonds85 said:

Who are the heatleaders then? Kyle, Hook and who?? Someone with exactly 6.00 average...? Which can only be Adam Roynon?

Roynon really shouldn't have a 6.00 ave for 2023. That was his 2022 Champ ave doubled, as he didn't get a NL match, shouldn't his average now be his 2023 Champ ave doubled?

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

That's some travelling for Spooner to home meetings!

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

Brilliant signings, both for Edinburgh and the riders themselves, both riders who deserve the opportunity at this level and both who will score plenty of points, particularly Mickie if he's starting at reserve...

Hope Kyle and Jacob are the top 2 and Edinburgh's team doesn't look too bad tbh, with about 10 points for the final 2 riders... Kieran Douglas or Ben Rathbone surely are within a shout at either Belle Vue or Edinburgh

47 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

Think it's 4.03 remaining for the last signing.  So Rathbone on 4.07 won't fit.

Kieran Douglas looks favorite.

All I've got down is Kyle Bickley and Jacob Hook at 1 and 5, who's the other??

1. Kyle Bickley

2. Mickie Simpson

3. Alex Spooner

4. Who??

5. Jacob Hook

6. Kieran Douglas

7. Kyran Lyden

Of course I'm assuming Kyle and Jacob are definitely in

6 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Good signings for the Academy. Must admit I'm surprised due to the travelling, but we'll done to the riders to be willing to travel to Scotland fir home matches.

• 2 weeks later...

18.61 for the final 2 signings... could be a brilliant team, surely Kyle and Jacob are nailed on?

1. Kyle Bickley

2. Mickie Simpson

3. Adam Roynon

4. Alex Spooner

5. Jacob Hook

6. Doyle Wood

7. Kyran Lyden

That team looks incredible considering what was expected. Hopefully Doyle Wood is a bit of a revelation.

1 hour ago, Diamonds85 said:

18.61 for the final 2 signings... could be a brilliant team, surely Kyle and Jacob are nailed on?

1. Kyle Bickley

2. Mickie Simpson

3. Adam Roynon

4. Alex Spooner

5. Jacob Hook

6. Doyle Wood

7. Kyran Lyden

That team looks incredible considering what was expected. Hopefully Doyle Wood is a bit of a revelation.

Gotta admit I had never heard of Wood before today, but the top 5 looks good even if the reserves don't improve. Don't think it's a play-off qualifying side though. Workington/Oxford/Leicester just look even stronger imo

Will certainly do better than last season's team for sure.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, mac101 said:

www.edinburghmonarchs.co.uk/news-centre/article/2023-02-08/roynon-and-wood-join-monarchs-academy

Roynon and Aussie brit Doyle Wood to finish 

I will bring this up again but how can Roynon join on a 6.00 average? He rode in 4 official meetings for Plymouth last season and gained an average of 8.67! https://britishspeedway.co.uk/2022-rider-statistics/ Or by some absurdity if they are ignoring that, then he didn’t officially ride NL last season so his average should be his Championship average doubled. That is now 3.56 * 2 = 7.12. Not 6.00 which he joined the NL on midway through last season. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

I will bring this up again but how can Roynon join on a 6.00 average? He rode in 4 official meetings for Plymouth last season and gained an average of 8.67! https://britishspeedway.co.uk/2022-rider-statistics/ Or by some absurdity if they are ignoring that, then he didn’t officially ride NL last season so his average should be his Championship average doubled. That is now 3.56 * 2 = 7.12. Not 6.00 which he joined the NL on midway through last season. 

Is that minus 25% ?

16 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

Making up as they go along as usual.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Islander15 said:

I will bring this up again but how can Roynon join on a 6.00 average? He rode in 4 official meetings for Plymouth last season and gained an average of 8.67! https://britishspeedway.co.uk/2022-rider-statistics/ Or by some absurdity if they are ignoring that, then he didn’t officially ride NL last season so his average should be his Championship average doubled. That is now 3.56 * 2 = 7.12. Not 6.00 which he joined the NL on midway through last season. 

Ridiculous should be challenged, even last season should never of been a 6