British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lion Cubs 2023

4 hours ago, Lenny Lion said:

I am told Dan is in the team because he has not got a championship side . 

Ridiculous if he hasn't a cl spot just shows how bad the league is with the 2 pointers goin to be out classed and a young very good up and coming rider on the side lines 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Lenny Lion said:

I am told Dan is in the team because he has not got a championship side . 

So he can get a Premiership place but not a Championship place?! He clearly needs a middle tier spot, rather than NL, for his overall development but that’s British Speedway all over!

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Islander15 said:

So he can get a Premiership place but not a Championship place?! He clearly needs a middle tier spot, rather than NL, for his overall development but that’s British Speedway all over!

Dan’s average in the Championship is so over inflated by his form at Leicester that he is a huge risk for any Championship team to take on .
Let’s be honest would any other club other then Leicester have taken Dan as a rising star in the Premiership ? 

3 hours ago, Lenny Lion said:

Dan’s average in the Championship is so over inflated by his form at Leicester that he is a huge risk for any Championship team to take on .
Let’s be honest would any other club other then Leicester have taken Dan as a rising star in the Premiership ? 

Just looked through whos signed on as rs he's one of the strongest no7 imo

6 hours ago, Lenny Lion said:

Yeah I understand that and each individual club have to look after their own business first. Therefore should Brits under 21 get a bigger reduction in average than Brits over 21? For example, 20%, and that might have made Dan a better proposition to promoters. But not just Dan, all young Brits.

• Like 1

I must say I am rather surprised but pleased that Ashton Boughen has chosen to ride for Leicester rather than Oxford, I thought that with the Peter Shoroeck and Jason Crump connection that is where he would be.

However I am told that option of unlimited free practice sessions and some sponsorship has convinced him to ride for Leicester in 2023

22 minutes ago, Lenny Lion said:

Stewart has put a very good looking Cubs team together. It should be Very competitive & challenging for honours again in 2023.

1. Dan Thompson

2. Ashton Boughen

3. Max Perry

4. Tom Spencer

5. Joe Thompson

6. Vinnie Foord

7. Max James

That's a team that's going to walk the league 

3 hours ago, FishersGate said:

That's a team that's going to walk the league 

That team looks very strong, but Workington have also made a great start to their team building. Can't say they are favourites till more teams sign riders. 

But as things stand wouldn't be surprised to see Leicester & Workington in the play-offs.

• Like 2