British Speedway Forum

Oxford Chargers 2023

Bojangles

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Anzum said:

Jenkins, Stoneman, Atkins, Killeen, Scott and Clouting return. Last rider to be announced in the new year

Killeen will definitely add the most points on his average in the league. 3 class heat leaders too (and probably the best 3 in the league). Those 4 alone will give them a PO spot! I hope Scott can maintain his form after an impressive start to his league career. Then no pressure on Clouting and the other new reserve. 

• Like 1

On 12/22/2022 at 8:40 PM, Islander15 said:

Killeen will definitely add the most points on his average in the league. 3 class heat leaders too (and probably the best 3 in the league). Those 4 alone will give them a PO spot! I hope Scott can maintain his form after an impressive start to his league career. Then no pressure on Clouting and the other new reserve. 

Ill bet that Harrison at Workington adds more!! 

• Like 2

Atkins top 3 in league not a chance 

On 12/24/2022 at 11:21 AM, mc131 said:

Atkins top 3 in league not a chance 

I'd suggest the best heat leader trio either be Jenkins, Stoneman & Killeen, Bailey, Harrison & H.McGurk or Dan & Joe T with Max James? Too close to call, but expected big things of all three 3.00 riders.

Edited by szkocjasid

2 hours ago, Bojangles said:

You’d hope Killeen - a rider starting on a 3.00 average that also has a spot in a Championship team - to add more in my opinion. Otherwise Oxford have got it very wrong for the Cheetahs. 

Would yous take a  new Zealand rider who rode under a lot of pressure over here last season up north & has bags of potential & would do a good job in the national League 

Edited by Justgotmecpc
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, mc131 said:

They have got it wrong

Personally think Luke k will do a good job if allowed time to settle in the championship. Lots of speculation of how the new riders will do on this thread from my point of view regardless of scores or averages if our rider is better at the end than the start it's been a success. The league is about development and before anyone has a fit I know everyone likes to win but for us it's not the be all and end all . If the rider succeeds so does the team . 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bojangles said:

You’d hope Killeen - a rider starting on a 3.00 average that also has a spot in a Championship team - to add more in my opinion. Otherwise Oxford have got it very wrong for the Cheetahs. 

No i think Killen will to very well, i would think he will double his average and more… but Harrison will finish around 8pt mark IMO 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Would yous take a  new Zealand rider who rode under a lot of pressure over here last season up north & has bags of potential & would do a good job in the national League 

But I don't think Congreve is eligible for the NL. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

If George Congreve was eligible, i'd have him in the NDL in a heartbeat and to be honest if he hadn't been thrown to the lions as he was at Newcastle last year i think he'd have a Championship spot in 2023. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Personally think Luke k will do a good job if allowed time to settle in the championship. Lots of speculation of how the new riders will do on this thread from my point of view regardless of scores or averages if our rider is better at the end than the start it's been a success. The league is about development and before anyone has a fit I know everyone likes to win but for us it's not the be all and end all . If the rider succeeds so does the team . 

I just think he should of got a run in nl 1st which would settle him, he had a fair amount of crashes didn't score in champ he got chucked in 2 early last time and it backfired

• Like 1