British Speedway Forum

Birmingham Brummies 2023

*JJ

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

To be fair Jack Smith hates Iwade, he was tripe when Belle Vue came last season and i was shocked he bothered to make the trip this time (probably wishes he didn't).

As for Brum the name ive heard thrown around will excite nobody (again)

To be fair, he hates every track that isn't Belle Vue. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

You have to give Nigel Tolley a lot of credit, I think he's realised that no matter what team he puts out or which manager he puts in charge, people in the local area just won't come out and support speedway sufficiently enough to make ends meet. 

But Tolley continues to persevere and do his very best against the odds. You have to take your hat off to him. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, lewy said:

Stefan nielsen back,and Paul starke in.

The averages fit, the question is are they both fit and well and it would mean that one of either Bowtell,  Starke or Nielsen would be at reserve for some part of the season.

Edited by heathen52

31 minutes ago, heathen52 said:

The averages fit, the question is are they both fit and well and it would mean that one of either Bowtell,  Starke or Nielsen would be at reserve for some part of the season.

Opportunity missed if this turns out to be true.

The luxury that I can see from this move, is that Bowtell can be used '7' times if needed (reserve)?

Can only hope that Nielsen comes back with no ill effects?

Starke/Nielsen are a far stronger pairing than D/J.Thompson, so it definitely strengthen's us.

Very happy!

Roll on next Wednesday!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Petecc said:

Signing of starke confirmed,  please explain the missed opportunity?

I think BrizHeathen means the opportunity to have either Bowtell, Nielsen or Starke at reserve for the remainder of the season, if they are all fit and well then whichever one is at reserve surely should score a good few points, rare opportunity to see Starkey having a shortish journey for his home meetings.

Edited by heathen52
  • Like 1