British Speedway Forum

Birmingham Brummies 2023

*JJ

52 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I know they lost (a lot of) money last year, but don't think they'll be able to increase their crowds at this price!

They probably won't increase numbers but (& especially if they stop offering concessionary admission) they will increase the revenue per head that attends, thus boosting the turnover amount. 

The crowds are down to the bare-bones hard core levels who will view "speedway at any price", so pushing the prices up won't lose them any more numbers off the terraces, so no harm done attendance wise, and an instant win on the overall revenue front. And if they do retain a discount for OAP's the discounted admission will probably match the old "full fare", therefore again, increasing revenue per head to the minimum needed.

30 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

I think they will if they sign a decent side ! £20 is reasonable....can't do much with £2 change!

Depends on people's circumstances I guess.

Depends what Prem charge? I thought KL charged £20 in 2021. But no idea if it was more than that this season. @Bagpuss

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Charging adults £20 each (in a weaker league) must be the way to afford it?

Think that's a bit steep for a watered down Championship meeting.Out of curiousity how much was it last season?

Edited by Bandit59
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

£18 last season. 

Be more next season I was watching the Chateaux getting painted this morning on TV paint is not cheap nowadays :D:D:D

• Haha 2