British Speedway Forum

Birmingham Brummies 2023

*JJ

5 hours ago, rearingtogo said:

The new look Birmingham side in my opinion as a team manager.

• 1  Nick Morris       Captain.               10.13
  • 2  Alfie Bowtell                                     4.28
  • 3  Dillon Ruml / Aaron Summers / Ricky Wells.
  • 4 Drew Kemp
  • 5  Justin Sedgman                              7.04        
  • 6 Joe Thompson 
  • 7  James Pearson                               4.00

number 3 position taken by whoever is available assuming they are willing to race in this country.

opinions by anyone please.

I’ve bowed to keeping in Pearson as said by a few supporters is average has increased from last year, so he has earned his place.

I would have liked to have included Rohan Tungate in the side but I believe his price tag is out of reach even for the premiership clubs.

Think Morris should be the captain. A change of team manager also required.Any Suggesions ?

Summers and Wells have retired, so would have to be Ruml! 

The new look Birmingham side in my opinion as a team manager.

• 1  Nick Morris       Captain.               10.13
  • 2  Alfie Bowtell                                     4.28
  • 3  Dillon Ruml 
  • 4 Drew Kemp
  • 5  Justin Sedgman                              7.04        
  • 6 Joe Thompson 
  • 7  James Pearson                               4.00

number 3 position taken by whoever is available assuming they are willing to race in this country.

opinions by anyone please.

I’ve bowed to keeping in Pearson as said by a few supporters is average has increased from last year, so he has earned his place.

I would have liked to have included Rohan Tungate in the side but I believe his price tag is out of reach even for the premiership clubs.

Think Morris should be the captain. A change of team manager also required.Any Suggesions ?

now amended.

32 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Danny Gappmaier was half decent round PB....Matthew Whethers ? Aarnio ?

Gappmaier would be ok, but only got six at Mureck last week. How about Antti Vuolas - scored 13 in the same meeting beating MJJ, Gusts, Huckenbeck and Rasmus Jensen (and also going well in Polish u24 league).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, the hobbit said:

Auty was dreadful last time around. No way would he be a decent signing , 

I don’t know about away meetings but he only managed one official home meeting in 2022 before he was injured so not much to go by to suggest he was “dreadful”. Birmingham need to rip the team up and start again. The core is Morris and Sedgmen. Pearson should kick on for his second season and Bowtell is trying hard. Add in Tintin’s mates, Thompson and Thompson (I know they were Thomson and Thompson) and that leaves one place. I don’t know what that leaves in averages but there must be room for someone decent. And available. 

3 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

I don’t know about away meetings but he only managed one official home meeting in 2022 before he was injured so not much to go by to suggest he was “dreadful”. Birmingham need to rip the team up and start again. The core is Morris and Sedgmen. Pearson should kick on for his second season and Bowtell is trying hard. Add in Tintin’s mates, Thompson and Thompson (I know they were Thomson and Thompson) and that leaves one place. I don’t know what that leaves in averages but there must be room for someone decent. And available. 

Auty came in on around a 7 average but was scoring way below that. He looked slow snd well past his sell by date. When he got injured, we benefitted by guests on his initial average as he was due a new , lower average very soon after he was injured. He was performing at the level of a poor reserve. Not surprised no one has offered him a place on his current average. 

Nichol is struggling with degenerative Shoulder issues. 

Like Ruml he'd require Home Office permits that would take 6 weeks at least. 

Same with many other foreign riders now blame Brexrubbish 

Kemp is clearly an option but very high maintenance allegedly. Thompson should be a shoe in for Neilson. 

Would Ben Morley fit. He has good experience of PB and did well for Plymouth often in Number 2 slot? 

I think we're discussing who we'd prefer to see at PB, as opposed to another woeful signing by the man in charge!

We obviously (speaking in general terms) would whince at Auty/Morris, or anybody else that has tried and failed.

Bottom line is: sign young Brits and help them progress (D.Thompson/D.Kemp) ( meaning we accept the defeats along the way), or sign 2 riders that are going to make us competitive at home ! (at the least)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HGould said:

Nichol is struggling with degenerative Shoulder issues. 

Like Ruml he'd require Home Office permits that would take 6 weeks at least. 

Same with many other foreign riders now blame Brexrubbish 

Kemp is clearly an option but very high maintenance allegedly. Thompson should be a shoe in for Neilson. 

Would Ben Morley fit. He has good experience of PB and did well for Plymouth often in Number 2 slot? 

Ben Morley would've been a fair shout before we signed Proctor....don't think we'd benefit now that we've signed J.T. at reserve.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Ben Morley would've been a fair shout before we signed Proctor....don't think we'd benefit now that we've signed J.T. at reserve.

You keep saying this but where do you get that from as no one else is saying this snd there’s nothing anywhere else to suggest this is happening. Is it just wishful thinking on your behalf? 

Edited by the hobbit