British Speedway Forum

Birmingham Brummies 2023

*JJ

24 minutes ago, Petecc said:

You are assuming I support birmingham. Like yourself, I didn't miss a meeting at monmore last season but I don't support Wolverhampton, I support speedway , not every team will be strong. Without those at the bottom you won't have anyone at the top. 

True ....but id sooner watch a successful  home team....what ever league....Wolves are dark horses dont u think ???

21 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

I agree....how can u put out a team like that and expect  to win the league...very poor .....u wouldn't  want to watch that weak in weak out ....As for N.Morris like u said No way will he keep his 10 ave .......Dont rate him ...

The same could be said of Wolves who i believe you support.. 

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

I don’t know where you get Berwick will rely on Flint and Rory at  home  TJ and Etheridge will beat most round Shieldfield and Knudsen is a talent.

Top 5 are good ....All will score ...Reserves are a bit weak but most teams are...Poole stand out a bit ...Always there or thereabouts..Strength in depth 

I honestly don't think the Birmingham team is THAT bad, it's just I don't see much improvement likely in the team, while Morris is almost certain to drop his average. As well as Pearson needing to put 1.5 on his 2022 average to reach his 4.00 mark.

Hopefully Birmingham will have enough in the tank to win 46-44 at home to keep the fans happy.

• Like 1

I personally think Birmingham have a decent side, 1st they have 6 soon to be 7 riders to watch for the 2023 season ( not all supporters have a club to support) You’ll be surprised with James Wright who did excellent for Newcastle and I think he’s in a false average. Every time I saw Nick Morris last season he was excellent giving 100% all the time , lastly I think Alfie Bowtell will increase his average and push for a heat leader as he’s been improving every season. A lot of positives for this team. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Dicko said:

I personally think Birmingham have a decent side, 1st they have 6 soon to be 7 riders to watch for the 2023 season ( not all supporters have a club to support) You’ll be surprised with James Wright who did excellent for Newcastle and I think he’s in a false average. Every time I saw Nick Morris last season he was excellent giving 100% all the time , lastly I think Alfie Bowtell will increase his average and push for a heat leader as he’s been improving every season. A lot of positives for this team. 

Sedgeman is no slouch either,effectively put Glasgow out the KOC last year on his “welcome back to Ashfield” guesting for Edinburgh.

Edited by Cast1rn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

So u think this team will win the league ..u need to go to spec savers....lol

Noone ever said that: I was just commenting on a person who has only been on this forum for two months repeating his hatred again and again and again ...

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

Alfie Bowtell will not improve his average at Birmingham fact ,split his average last year into home and away avearage and you will see why. At Plymouth I think home average about 7 pts away about 3 pts  on a home track that suited him 

That was last year, this is this year

• Like 2