British Speedway Forum

Birmingham Brummies 2023

*JJ

15 hours ago, mikebv said:

Should still be an NDL rider...

If a match is arranged knowing riders are already elsewhere then there should be some kind of "punishment"...

Just another one of those self inflicted decisions that end up making the sport look contrived and Mickey Mouse when Bomber, Rory or Scott turn up adhoc to ride for one of the clubs on show..

There are enough issues to face given the structure of the sport in the UK without making more self inflicted ones...

Isn't losing 25% of your number 1s average punishment enough? Do you really want to see a NL rider at number 1 again? That would be more of a farce for the fans... What a lack of entertainment that would be... I would rather see 2 even teams personally

4 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Isn't losing 25% of your number 1s average punishment enough? Do you really want to see a NL rider at number 1 again? That would be more of a farce for the fans... What a lack of entertainment that would be... I would rather see 2 even teams personally

You have missed their point of view. They won't be happy until birmingham have been driven into the ground and closed down so that they can come on here and say they told you so. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I doubt Mike wants that tbh.

Absolutely.

Never crossed my mind.. 

Although running the sport in a Mickey Mouse way, eg running meetings knowing several of the "draw cards" will be elsewhere, like so many have done over the last couple of decades as the UK power base eroded and overseas leagues took priority, will certainly have contributed to the demise of a fair few tracks I would suggest, as fans became disillusioned by what they were being served up..

11 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

As obviously everyone would...

And no reason not to if the clubs plan in their seasons well and dont shoot themselves in the foot by running meetings knowing riders will be missing. (Like happens far  far too often)..

And no excuse either this year given so few home meetings to plan in for each team..

Could be a potentially decent season for UK Speedway in 2023, with a good few Polish top league riders over here, meaning the Premiership can be pushed and marketed more, so even more important its infrastructure backs up that increase in quality...

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, The Dog said:

I'm sure the Birmingham management read this forum so I'm a bit surprised that they haven't nipped any rumours like this in the bud. A simple statement reassuring fans that Morris won't go missing will do. 

A half a dozen people crying on here is irrelevant.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, IanBrannan said:

Nick Morris rode in Denmark last season and seemed to turn up most Wednesdays where required. Same for Ben Basso and Jonas Knudsen etc. They have a bit of a squad system and usually they move things around in Denmark to cover. 

I think with us and Danish League  its-

One bitten twice shy

Twice bitten bloody angry

If Morris is thrice bitten... 

Paranoid and ready to bite batrubbish Danish heads off 

15 minutes ago, HGould said:

I think with us and Danish League  its-

One bitten twice shy

Twice bitten bloody angry

If Morris is thrice bitten... 

Paranoid and ready to bite batrubbish Danish heads off 

I'm surprised your not coming on here saying nick Morris will miss some meetings, as you keep saying your in the know with all that's going on at Birmingham when  in fact you not got a clue what's going on within the club. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IanBrannan said:

Nick Morris rode in Denmark last season and seemed to turn up most Wednesdays where required. Same for Ben Basso and Jonas Knudsen etc. They have a bit of a squad system and usually they move things around in Denmark to cover. 

Difference being Leicester wasn't a Weds night track like Birmingham is so only be a few meetings. Different proposition when he supposed to be in England most Weds next season. If it wasn't an issue Basso would still be at Poole...

....supposedly! ;)

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Difference being Leicester wasn't a Weds night track like Birmingham is so only be a few meetings. Different proposition when he supposed to be in England most Weds next season. If it wasn't an issue Basso would still be at Poole...

....supposedly! ;)

Haha aye right.. 

Hey I guess we’ll see but usually there’s some kind of agreement, especially as they already know he’s going to be busy on Weds, but, Speedwaylife. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

April to October (approx 28 weeks/weds...) Morris only required to be present for 8 Home League meetings- 1 away....no drama really .

Moving on...who is going to be our final rider? has to be from overseas due to the delay...guessing its a young Aussie (currently injured) ?

Bluey Roynon…..

33 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

April to October (approx 28 weeks/weds...) Morris only required to be present for 8 Home League meetings- 1 away....no drama really .

Moving on...who is going to be our final rider? has to be from overseas due to the delay...guessing its a young Aussie (currently injured) ?

I think you may have the overseas bit right, but look to the Stars and add some stripes ;) That seems to be the general opinion where he will be from.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, heathen52 said:

I think you may have the overseas bit right, but look to the Stars and add some stripes ;) That seems to be the general opinion where he will be from.

Perish the thaught of having to listen to Dexys Midnight Runners Oh Oh Gino over the tannoy playing if ever  he wins a race

• Haha 1