British Speedway Forum

Birmingham Brummies 2023

*JJ

9 hours ago, gazzac said:

I suppose it's all down to perceived value. £50 + is now an average meal out for 2, is that better value than eating at home beforehand and having a night of speedway for the same? Only people can make that decision, but as you say if you don't have the £50+ spare in the first place it's academic really and that's the dire/sad situation we find the country in at the moment. 

Get your missus pregnant and have a lifetime of empty pockets for a few minutes of entertainment.... Speedway the winner bud! 

Just now, The Dog said:

Get your missus pregnant and have a lifetime of empty pockets for a few minutes of entertainment.... Speedway the winner bud! 

3 kids, 4 grandkids and both 66, and 40 plus years of watching speedway ( until Eastbourne closed) so done the lot, money well spent.......? :D

• Like 1

7 hours ago, scunny1 said:

If you are a regular surely you have a Humber Tag for cheaper crossing and can also park outside on the Industrial estate opposite to save another pound!

My earlier post is not a gripe about cost it’s what I pay to get to a meeting of a Sport I love  and will continue to attend as many times as I can .

As all I’m hearing how dear the entrance is to this seasons fixtures at all Tracks 

Just look at inflation everywhere Speedway promoters have to put prices up it’s a simple fact

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Does Connor bailey fit for remaining space? Just thinking back to U21 final he rode well seems some dispute as what Brum have left. My shawdy maths has him at 4.32 with deduction 

Birmingham have 4:22 left

Connor Bailey average 4:32

So no he does not fit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, spin king said:

Possible riders available.

Ty Proctor

Jack Smith

Josh McDonald

Kasper Andersen

Adam Roynon

Ryan Kingsley

Gino Manzares

Kingsley or Andersen would be my choices out of rhose, both got a bit of aggression in them.

Danes and Brummies on a Wednesday though not a good fit. 

Kingsley for me. (from that list)

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Think you have take seizures very seriously. Plus you guys are having Gino anyway! Right?

Anyone having seizures after a head injury should not be playing any sort of contact or physical Sport for at least a few years in my opinion.

Jordan Palin is doing exactly the right thing in having a year out (at least)

One more knock could result in dire consequences for themseleves and others.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, HGould said:

Kingsley or Andersen would be my choices out of rhose, both got a bit of aggression in them.

Danes and Brummies on a Wednesday though not a good fit. 

Kingsley for me. (from that list)

Kasper not riding in UK next season 

9 hours ago, spin king said:

Possible riders available.

Ty Proctor

Jack Smith

Josh McDonald

Kasper Andersen

Adam Roynon

Ryan Kingsley

Gino Manzares

Looking at the list Proctor seems to have lost his appetite for the sport, Smith NDL level rider, McDonald has yet to reach his average, Andersen if he sorts out his engines has the ability, Royno love the guy but should stick to the Mic now, Kinsley gate and go in the NDL cant gate in the Champ, which leaves Gino he would be my guess, but Kasper is more than capable just get someone to sort his bikes out, is the delay in announcing the final rider due to work permit issues ?, so rule out Kasper for the UK next season.

Edited by heathen52