British Speedway Forum

Birmingham Brummies 2023

*JJ

18 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Well, exactly...no-one at Starry Speedway has said that the first rider will be on a season-long contract, have they?  It could be another of those "until the Swedish season starts" kind of contracts. It might even feature a guarantee that in the event of sustaining a season ending injury, the team won't be redeclared with a replacement rider, so that they don't have to feel lonely and like they've been thrown onto the scrap heap.

Maybe Harris   No doubt prefers midweek and does tend to move around each season in Championship 

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2022 at 9:45 AM, *JJ said:

According to the Sppedway Star (again), James Shanes is struggling to recover from injuries, and will cut down on his speedway racing, to concentrate on grasstrack and longtrack, so unlikely to be back.  Ash Morris did not show up well last year.

Better suited to another motorbike sport, grasstrack similar to Wajtknecht or Mulford.

• Like 2

On 11/15/2022 at 5:13 PM, Diamonds85 said:

If the choice was shanes or Morris, who would people go for.

I think both were injured on my visits to PB in 2022, but from seeing both for much of 2019 & 2021, Morris is the more capable Speedway rider, Shanes gating lets him down.  Morris could hold his own as a second string, Shanes will never be anything more than a reserve.

10 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Morris is a nice guy, but he's not consistent enough....I'd rather have Paul Starke

I've never quite understood that sort of comment. Not every rider can be consistent, if Morris turned his poor scores into good ones, he'd be on a 7+ ave & need to be signed as a heat leader not a second string / reserve!

Average wise Morris was consistent, between 4.5 & 5 all year I think?

Starke was at PB almost every Wednesday I was in 2019 & 2021.  Starke, Morris & Castagna swapping the 2, 3 & 6 positions as dictated by the averages would be Ok! Just need to retain the Aussie in the pink kevlars at #7. Sign up Sedgeman at #4 and find two heat leaders. Job done :D

Edited by Col

55 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Are Brum announcing someone soon? Just going on their tweet on twitter earlier. 

' a busy few days coming up..'

Just because someone may of said a little bird told me, doesn't mean it was on twitter. 

I expect all clubs will soon start announcing riders very soon.