British Speedway Forum

Birmingham Brummies 2023

*JJ

•  Nick Morris                      10.13
  • 2  Alfie Bowtell                      4.28
  • 5  Justin Sedgman                7.04        
  •  James Pearson                 4.00

copy and paste and fill the gaps with who you think should be in the side.These four I’ve left in as the rest should be built around them in my opinion.

Edited by rearingtogo

The new look Birmingham side in my opinion as a team manager.

•  Nick Morris       Captain.               10.13
  • 2  Alfie Bowtell                                     4.28
  • 3  Dillon Ruml / Aaron Summers / Ricky Wells.
  • Drew Kemp
  • 5  Justin Sedgman                              7.04        
  • Joe Thompson 
  •  James Pearson                               4.00

number 3 position taken by whoever is available assuming they are willing to race in this country.

opinions by anyone please.

I’ve bowed to keeping in Pearson as said by a few supporters is average has increased from last year, so he has earned his place.

I would have liked to have included Rohan Tungate in the side but I believe his price tag is out of reach even for the premiership clubs.

Edited by rearingtogo

• Nick Morris                      10.13
  • 2  Alfie Bowtell                4.28
  • 3  paco castagna             4.93
  • 4 Danyon Hume              5.68
  • 5  Justin Sedgman         7.04        
  • 6 Jason Edwards            3.80
  •  James Pearson          4.00

Or

• 3  Dan Thompson         5.22
  • 4 Danyon Hume / Broc Nicol     5.68/5.95
  • 5  Justin Sedgman         7.04        
  • 6 Joe Thompson        3.35
  • 7  James Pearson          4.00
Edited by Sings4Speedway

6 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Just for the record....Sedgmen is the Captain .... not that it matters.

I think we've missed the boat on suitable signings this season...

I'd like to see us contribute to the development of Dan Thompson.

Think Nick would be a better captain.

8 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:
  • 3  paco castagna             4.93.  Edinburgh.
  • 4 Danyon Hume              5.68.   Redcar.
  • 6 Jason Edwards            3.80. Redcar.

Some of those riders which are listed are currently signed up at other clubs. It’s riders who are not signed up I’m looking at.

Edited by rearingtogo

1 minute ago, rearingtogo said:

Some of those riders which are listed are currently signed up at other clubs. It’s riders who are not signed up I’m looking at.

My apologies....thought i read who should have been in the side.

Replacement options boat has mostly sailed now, most of the riders becoming available will be dropped due to form with only the odd victim of numbers like Joe. 

If Brum are to survive they need a team fans can relate to and support rather than one season wonders.

• Like 1

• 1  Nick Morris       Captain.               10.13
  • 4 Drew Kemp
  • 6 Joe Thompson 
  • 7  James Pearson                               4.00

number 3 position taken by whoever is available assuming they are willing to race in this country.

I’ve bowed to keeping in Pearson as said by a few supporters is average has increased from last year, so he has earned his place.

I would have liked to have included Rohan Tungate in the side but I believe his price tag is out of reach even for the premiership clubs.

Think Morris should be the captain. A change of team manager also required.Any Suggesions ?

Edited by rearingtogo

30 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:
  • 3  paco castagna             4.93
  • 4 Danyon Hume              5.68
  • 6 Jason Edwards            3.80

Or

• 3  Dan Thompson         5.22
  • 4 Danyon Hume / Broc Nicol     5.68/5.95
  • 5  Justin Sedgman         7.04        
  • 6 Joe Thompson        3.35
  • 7  James Pearson          4.00

Broc Nicol goes well at PB!

Think we'd need to see a list of 'available/willing' riders before we can make suggestions....

I can't see James Wright coming back and making any impact....he has sustained shoulder ligament damage from what I've read elsewhere.

Edited by GiveusaB

3 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Indeed. Hume is already a Brum hero so hard to leave out but... Broc could give hints to the Thompsons, Morris to help Bowtell and Sedgey to assist Pearson. Nobody is dreaming of league aspirations but a team to build on over a couple of seasons .....

1 minute ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Indeed. Hume is already a Brum hero so hard to leave out but... Broc could give hints to the Thompsons, Morris to help Bowtell and Sedgey to assist Pearson. Nobody is dreaming of league aspirations but a team to build on over a couple of seasons .....

Hume?

Are we talking about who we 'should've signed ?

Hume has progressed well....he's whole hearted and good to watch....similar endeavour to Danny King.

Problem this season is that I haven't seen much grip on the outside and this could affect overall performance as Hume isnt the best gater (IMo)

Think I'd take Dan Thompson....both would be great though!

Like you say....ones for the future.

Instead of a bunch of has-beens/also-rans!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, rearingtogo said:

• 1  Nick Morris       Captain.               10.13
  • 4 Drew Kemp
  • 6 Joe Thompson 
  • 7  James Pearson                               4.00

I would have liked to have included Rohan Tungate in the side but I believe his price tag is out of reach even for the premiership clubs.

Think Morris should be the captain. A change of team manager also required.Any Suggesions ?

Keeping things local, an obvious choice would/could be Sam Ermolenko ?

• Haha 1

It does make you wonder how they put this team together? Is it LB or Tolley? Everyone agreed it was a ok team at best. I have to agree with what a few people have already said. They could have atleast signed the Thomson twins, kemp, nicol etc. Even though it wouldn't have won the league, it would be certainly helped the young Brits and make the meetings exciting! 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, DiveBomb said:

It does make you wonder how they put this team together? Is it LB or Tolley? Everyone agreed it was a ok team at best. I have to agree with what a few people have already said. They could have atleast signed the Thomson twins, kemp, nicol etc. Even though it wouldn't have won the league, it would be certainly helped the young Brits and make the meetings exciting! 

You make it sound like signing riders is easy. It's great to say him or him but , does that rider want to ride in this country , ride for that club or is asking a Kings randsom to ride. All the riders mentioned may have been asked before the season started but for one reason or another went elsewhere or just simply decided not to.     

6 minutes ago, Petecc said:

You make it sound like signing riders is easy. It's great to say him or him but , does that rider want to ride in this country , ride for that club or is asking a Kings randsom to ride. All the riders mentioned may have been asked before the season started but for one reason or another went elsewhere or just simply decided not to.     

For sure!

Either way it's the 2nd season in a row that we've assembled a poor side!

And mistakes are made with tactics in most meetings...

Which can only point to one thing?

Edited by GiveusaB

4 hours ago, rearingtogo said:
  •  Nick Morris                      10.13
  • 2  Alfie Bowtell                      4.28
  • 5  Justin Sedgman                7.04        
  •  James Pearson                 4.00

copy and paste and fill the gaps with who you think should be in the side.These four I’ve left in as the rest should be built around them in my opinion.

I notice that nobody is filling in gaps with the "James Wright / Tactical Guest" option. Judging by last year, for as long as the current team manager remains in place, so does the Tactical Guest. The BSPZzz allowed the Brummies to field guests all season long for Josh Auty, so by those standards, as long as James Wright keeps feeling less than 100% (or is persuaded to feel less than 100%) I suspect that the tactical guests will keep on getting booked. So, the big question will be, not whether or not there will be changes to the team, but with or without changes, whether there will ever be a 7-man team photo taken this year.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Petecc said:

I'm pretty sure the kids wouldn't have turned it down. Certainly the twins as they only live half an hour away 

27 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

I notice that nobody is filling in gaps with the "James Wright / Tactical Guest" option. Judging by last year, for as long as the current team manager remains in place, so does the Tactical Guest. The BSPZzz allowed the Brummies to field guests all season long for Josh Auty, so by those standards, as long as James Wright keeps feeling less than 100% (or is persuaded to feel less than 100%) I suspect that the tactical guests will keep on getting booked. So, the big question will be, not whether or not there will be changes to the team, but with or without changes, whether there will ever be a 7-man team photo taken this year.

The rules have been changed this year to stop such an event and , the season long use of guests for Kennet, by Plymouth from happening.

you can only use guests for the first 28 days then you either sign a replacement or you can use a lesser standard guest, ( up to 75% of the average of the missing rider). 

this is why Scunthorpe made the changes they recently made as the 28 days facility had ended. It’s why wolves recently issued a press release explaining just this scenario snd how it’s hampering them too 

our 28 days is now up so we either sign a replacement or use riders with an average of around 4.2, thus making the team weaker. 

come on Martin , keep up !!!! 

Edited by the hobbit

4 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Think we'd need to see a list of 'available/willing' riders before we can make suggestions....

I can't see James Wright coming back and making any impact....he has sustained shoulder ligament damage from what I've read elsewhere.

Hume riding for Redcar