British Speedway Forum

Birmingham Brummies 2023

*JJ

12 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Bowtell was impressive last night

I have to say the team riding of Bowtell and Morris on a number of occasions this season has been top drawer and a hark back to some of the halcyon days. 

Credit to both of them for that. 

• Like 1

The Twins in for Proctor and Nielsen would be a start for Brum, don't know what the shoulder injury is for Wright but if it means his 28 day facility is coming to an end and now reduces by 25% then another signing in his place would be a no brainer, they really need changes to stop their season ending after it's barely begun.

Edited by heathen52
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Good suggestions... probably would be cheaper too! 

I don't believe that the manager has the balls to do it though!

Kemp and Joe are no brainers right now!

Change the manager too. Birmingham could/should be looking at a longer term approach and if they can tempt riders who will commit to a few seasons and become fans favourites they will be rewarded. Brum have incredibly loyal fans and the golden boys can walk on water. The twins, Bowtell and Hume (for next season) with some experienced heads to help them develop on would be a fair starting point. Then bring in Will Pottinger to be both tactically aware, look after the team and deliver honesty in feedback to the fans.....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Change the manager too. Birmingham could/should be looking at a longer term approach and if they can tempt riders who will commit to a few seasons and become fans favourites they will be rewarded. Brum have incredibly loyal fans and the golden boys can walk on water. The twins, Bowtell and Hume (for next season) with some experienced heads to help them develop on would be a fair starting point. Then bring in Will Pottinger to be both tactically aware, look after the team and deliver honesty in feedback to the fans.....

Great Post!

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, DiveBomb said:

The twins should have signed for the Brummies in the first place. It's not too far for them travel wise anyways for the.and they ride the track well. So frustrating cause it just makes complete sense to me! 

Don't you know sense and speedway don't go together lol.

• Haha 1

Promotion needs to sign up and coming riders not ones that’s on the downhill slope.Sorry but Proctor, Wright, Pearson and possibly Nielsen need to go. A total muck out needed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, rearingtogo said:

Promotion needs to sign up and coming riders not ones that’s on the downhill slope.Sorry but Proctor, Wright, Pearson and possibly Nielsen need to go. A total muck out needed.

Pearson together with Bowtell have been very good. Bowtell has continued gradual progress up to a new level, Pearson is developing fast and putting Neilson and a few others to shame. 

Those pair plus Morris and Sedgeman should be the 4 we build around. 

• Confused 1

On 5/5/2023 at 10:29 PM, GiveusaB said:

Great Post!

Funny that most of the Cradley fans I know didn't rate Pottinger. Nice bloke poor manager was the normal view. 

Lee Kilby would be great option but seems his career is now behind the mike

3 minutes ago, HGould said:

Pearson together with Bowtell have been very good. Bowtell has continued gradual progress up to a new level, Pearson is developing fast and putting Neilson and a few others to shame. 

Those pair plus Morris and Sedgeman should be the 4 we build around. 

To be fair that starting line up did look poor ...down to management...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HGould said:

Funny that most of the Cradley fans I know didn't rate Pottinger. Nice bloke poor manager was the normal view. 

Lee Kilby would be great option but seems his career is now behind the mike

Not sure about pottinger? I don't know his pedigree... my compliment of the post was due to the fact that someone else acknowledged the need to replace the manager.  LR sounds like a great guy, but he's not a championship  manager imo!  

40 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Shame we can't get Rossiter in!

I'd imagine if you made an offer to the  promotion to pay the wages of the 'best team manager in your opinion' along with their travel and other expenses, you could have anyone you wanted! I'm sure Nigel would be happy to sit and discuss this with you. :t:

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, S4r4h said:

I'd imagine if you made an offer to the  promotion to pay the wages of the 'best team manager in your opinion' along with their travel and other expenses, you could have anyone you wanted! I'm sure Nigel would be happy to sit and discuss this with you. :t:

Apologies if I've upset you by having an opinion that I believe would improve the current state and future of the club.

Your post points to the old saying...'pay peanuts....you get monkeys' .

If we don't change the manager then we will be lucky to be having this discussion next season. 

P.s. that's my opinion btw....its based on my 52 years support of Birmingham speedway and speedway as a sport in general. :t:

Edited by GiveusaB
  • Like 1

Pearson would be doing even better in a good side. Hes clearly got a lot better from last season so should be stuck with. 

Nielsen is a crazy signing , never seen much in him and spends more time sat on his arse than Jim Royle. 

Proctor was worth a gamble , sadly it hasnt paid off. Shame as i really liked him back in the day , he was a class rider. But probably the right thing to drop him. 

morris is a class act but with him on a 10

pt ave, any meeting he struggles in and theres no chance of a Brum win. 

Its an awfully built side. 

Edited by Pinny
  • Like 2