British Speedway Forum

Birmingham Brummies 2023

*JJ

4 hours ago, Ghosty said:

Biggest mistake by the promoters overturning the 2 home 2 away LEAGUE meetings for 2023. They should have asked the fans what they think!

3 hours ago, screm said:

Do they ever ask the fans what they think, maybe too afraid to find out.

2 hours ago, StevePark said:

If they did, I would doubt they would take any notice anyway.

They did ask the fans what they thought of the points system of which over 70% decided to go back to 2 point wins, no away bonus points & aggregate point for the technical tracks to benefit from.

• Like 1

On 11/23/2022 at 11:17 AM, Brummies23 said:

I would be happy with a team off!!

1) Harris 

2) Stefan Nielsen

3) Justin Sedgmen

4) James Wright 

5) Tom Brennan

6)Dan Thompson

7)James Pearson

Maybe swap Brennan and Sedgmen around 

1) Sam masters 

2) Nielsen 

3) Justin sedgmen 

4) paco 

5) Tom Brennan

6) Lee complin 

7) James Pearson 

hopefully this fits.. 

On 11/24/2022 at 4:24 PM, IronScorpion said:

They did ask the fans what they thought of the points system of which over 70% decided to go back to 2 point wins, no away bonus points & aggregate point for the technical tracks to benefit from.

I don't really understand this argument that bonus points will benefit "technical tracks" as

1) Teams have to win on aggregate in the play-offs already

2) clubs like Edinburgh & Wolves keep qualifying for the play-offs but don't win on aggregate, I assume most people would say these are "technical" tracks?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

What happened to the minimum number of meetings required by the stadium owners referred to by the Brummies Owner/Promoter earlier this year?  Wasn't it 20 or something similar?

The common opinion was 20 meetings / £40,000 per annum and they'd have to pay £40,000 as a figure if not 20 meetings.

Everyone I've spoken to thinks we were one of the 3 Clubs who opposed 2 x home and away. Oxford and Berwick due to NDL.

The most popular logic seems to be that Nigel thinks its more financially sensible to ride minimum of 11 Home and Away as opposed to minimum of 17 Home and Away.

So the question is have 

(a) Owners reduced the Rent

(b) Nigel decided he can lose LESS with less meetings and more quality over quantity. He'll certainly have to fork out less for AWAY points and travel and that aspect is often overlooked, ignored ot some simply don't understand that Home matches have to pay for Away too.

I am 100% sure personally that the Rent will be the same and he's calculated that B) (b) is the better option to reduce losses and move towrds break even.

There is also rumour of a further silent partner pumping significant money in, not sure if that's true or not but he does have friends in the Sport known to have some financial clout.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HGould said:

The common opinion was 20 meetings / £40,000 per annum and they'd have to pay £40,000 as a figure if not 20 meetings.

Everyone I've spoken to thinks we were one of the 3 Clubs who opposed 2 x home and away. Oxford and Berwick due to NDL.

The most popular logic seems to be that Nigel thinks its more financially sensible to ride minimum of 11 Home and Away as opposed to minimum of 17 Home and Away.

So the question is have 

(b) Nigel decided he can lose LESS with less meetings and more quality over quantity. He'll certainly have to fork out less for AWAY points and travel and that aspect is often overlooked, ignored ot some simply don't understand that Home matches have to pay for Away too.

I am 100% sure personally that the Rent will be the same and he's calculated that B) (b) is the better option to reduce losses and move towrds break even.

There is also rumour of a further silent partner pumping significant money in, not sure if that's true or not but he does have friends in the Sport known to have some financial clout.

Your are  certainly the go-to man for a rumour.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, HGould said:

So the question is have 

Time to change your source 

• Like 1