British Speedway Forum

CHAMPIONSHIP PLANS FOR ’23

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

Think the big News has to be the use of Transponders.The rest seems a bit of a shambles.!!!

I didn't think it was that bad lol. Maybe I just been going for too long now! 

Edit - I wonder if some riders will do aboard now and not do Champ with less meetings?

Edited by lisa-colette

6 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Let’s start taking bets on when they move the cut off date during the season.  

so a minimum of 11 home fixtures per club. So in theory you could be done for the year by the end of June. Shambles really.

End of August 

4 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Edit - I wonder if some riders will do aboard now and not do Champ with less meetings?

Will suit some Clubs more than others.Clubs with aNDL Team can fill in fixture blanks.Not sure if it viable for some though.Crowds not that great.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I think that may happen as I am sure some riders were looking for the increased fixture list

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Will suit some Clubs more than others.Clubs with aNDL Team can fill in fixture blanks.Not sure if it viable for some though.Crowds not that great.

Scunthorpe for example don’t have national league side could get knocked out first round of the KO cup not qualify out the group of the league cup and could be finished all their home matches by the end of June/middle of July. How is that viable for a clubs.

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, HGould said:

Yeah got dates mixed Tuesday night I posted re structural change after the meeting and Monday about Ford jumping the gun possibly b4 the meeting. 

Correct on both 

3 Clubs objected to 2 home and 2 away which result in c change and egg on Mr Ford face. 

Funny how 3 clubs dictate to the majority and change the pre AGM agreed 2 home and away fixtures.

Which 3? Must have been at least 1 with some clout. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gmarsbar2 said:

Funny how 3 clubs dictate to the majority and change the pre AGM agreed 2 home and away fixtures.

If only 3 did not want 2 home and 2 away it wouldn't have gone through with 5 clubs wanted it  Surely ?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, gmarsbar2 said:

Be very interesting to know which 3 clubs right enough.Obviously a really democratically run organisation if 3 clubs can outvote the other 6.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, gmarsbar2 said:

Name and shame the three promoters.. They just delivered a huge blow not only to us supporters but riders as well. 11 home meetings, hardly worth bothering with.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Albert said:

Name and shame the three promoters.. They just delivered a huge blow not only to us supporters but riders as well. 11 home meetings, hardly worth bothering with.

Well said agree with you on all the above 

5 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

I suspect that you will find the three clubs who did not want the 2H + 2A format all had NDL teams and said they would drop out of the NDL which would have possibly finished the NDL.

Don't think NDL meetings are sustainable as stand alone meetings 

Some riders must seriously be considering coming over now there is even less fixtures. Is it financially viable for a foreign rider from Europe or Australia to come across and ride just championship?

Again watering down the product. 

Going to use Jacob Hook as an example a young rider who’s just finished his first season over here not good enough to double up quite yet. Is it viable for Someone like him to come across the pond invest in machinery etc for what a minimum of what 24 fixtures home and away? Doubt it.

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Shaymen said:

What a shambles lose a club and in turn a meeting lost, was a short season as it was for scunthorpe 

Why bother at all 

We was really looking forward to home and away twice format a meeting what means something 

Ar well another nail in the coffin for speedway 

Correct