British Speedway Forum

Workington 2023

4 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Hope he not missing was comets who gave him his break this season 

Unfortunately Geoff   Poland can do what they want and money/zlotys talk, the 2 legs of the final are this weekend and next weekend,  can see conner being the No 8 for wroclaw so will be told to be in Poland 

Will be good publicity for the club/track with a good field announced, but how many of these riders will turn up ? For one reason or another, then how many fans will now travel with it being live streamed? Sorry for sounding negative, but this is where we are, and doubts about the comets No 1 being in Poland with Wroclaw for the play off finals , potentially missing comets last match, and the riders championship !!!

59 minutes ago, Neila said:

Will be good publicity for the club/track with a good field announced, but how many of these riders will turn up ? For one reason or another, then how many fans will now travel with it being live streamed? Sorry for sounding negative, but this is where we are, and doubts about the comets No 1 being in Poland with Wroclaw for the play off finals , potentially missing comets last match, and the riders championship !!!

Yeah fully with you on points raised. Think there"s more chance of these younger riders turning up. Connor unfortunately may well miss our final two meetings which is really disappointing.

19 hours ago, Neila said:

Unfortunately Geoff   Poland can do what they want and money/zlotys talk, the 2 legs of the final are this weekend and next weekend,  can see conner being the No 8 for wroclaw so will be told to be in Poland 

Connors been named to start at Number 2 for Wrocław this weekend.

Hopefully hes racing Saturday but as for the NDLRC I can’t see it which would be a shame but you can’t knock the lad. It’s testament to show how much he’s developed this season.

19 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Hope he not missing was comets who gave him his break this season 

Be racing on Saturday hopefully seeing as he looks to be using Tai’s equipment so would just have to get himself over there for Sunday.

Won’t be in the riders championship which is a shame, but you can’t knock him. He’s contracted to Wrocław and has been all season, so for me, it shows how much he’s developed and how much we as the comets have contributed to that development. Nothing but support and thanks to Connor for what he’s done this season just a shame he won’t be wearing the big C next season unless we’re out of the NDL.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, CTD26 said:

Connors been named to start at Number 2 for Wrocław this weekend.

Hopefully hes racing Saturday but as for the NDLRC I can’t see it which would be a shame but you can’t knock the lad. It’s testament to show how much he’s developed this season.

The lad has progressed amazingly this season, I believe he will be an Ekstraliga  regular in the future. He rides attacks tracks and rides outside lines others won’t in Britain

Not a given that he’ll be riding next week though and miss the NLRDC I believe Woffy and Janowski are both still aiming to be back

7 minutes ago, Marksman said:

The lad has progressed amazingly this season, I believe he will be an Ekstraliga  regular in the future. He rides attacks tracks and rides outside lines others won’t in Britain

Not a given that he’ll be riding next week though and miss the NLRDC I believe Woffy and Janowski are both still aiming to be back

Can see Tai being back but I think Janowski is a bit of a stretch 

23 hours ago, Marksman said:

Connor is riding tomorrow, r/r for Sam McGurk and Dayle Wood guesting for Ace Pijper

23 hours ago, Neila said:

Dayle wood a poor guest, but may not be many available that will travel ?

The problem is Ace has a low NL average. 5.81 is surprisingly low for someone with a 3.2 Champ ave.

20 hours ago, CTD26 said:

Looking at the calendar and rider availability etc, looks like next Saturday could be a date for the restaging a nice packed weekend of speedway to see the season out sounds good to me!

Would Kent go without Ablitt?