British Speedway Forum

Workington 2023

11 hours ago, Neila said:

Another aerial photo doing the rounds on Facebook this time with what looks like a mini track has appeared!! Have not had time to walk down yet, maybe THJ has some news

Correct a mini track has been installed on the right hand side as you enter the site... all coming together with the delivery of the seating which is a massive mecano set... the pits are 80% built... lights tapes and other trackside equipment ready to go in... New generator acquired that will potentially run the full site... time will be tight but everyone is pulling together... UTC.... an all that...

Regards 

THJ

• Like 9

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Correct a mini track has been installed on the right hand side as you enter the site... all coming together with the delivery of the seating which is a massive mecano set... the pits are 80% built... lights tapes and other trackside equipment ready to go in... New generator acquired that will potentially run the full site... time will be tight but everyone is pulling together... UTC.... an all that...

Regards 

THJ

Some great work being carried out by the team , well done to all concerned.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, bigdave said:

The track is looking fabulous and I'll bet nobody thought it was going to be this good(but it is). Probably going to be one of the best tracks for racing in any league. I hope that everyone has a visit planned in their diaries to see the massive change that it is from the small, bumpy and lumpy surface it was. I certainly will and even on the training days. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Tsunami said:

The track is looking fabulous and I'll bet nobody thought it was going to be this good(but it is). Probably going to be one of the best tracks for racing in any league. I hope that everyone has a visit planned in their diaries to see the massive change that it is from the small, bumpy and lumpy surface it was. I certainly will and even on the training days. 

It looks like it could produce some amazing racing lines.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tsunami said:

I thought it was going to be this good.....

• 2 weeks later...