British Speedway Forum

Workington 2023

11 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Looking good i saw them both ride at berwick sam looked tiny on the bike cant wait to see them in blue znd white!,are we having team kevs this year john ?

I think you will find that Sam is a very big lad now Geoff.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Have to admit im underwhelmed by McGurks. Belle Vue let them slip away for a reason. Probably the worst away riders id seen all year but equally got averages for a reason and if looked after could be useful additions but can't help feeling they could be the undoing of a good side.

There was surprisingly very little progression from them this season but they’re still very young tbf. Even if they can’t find a bit of away form, the team should still be good enough to make the POs. 

11 hours ago, Fina said:

I saw someone post on Twitter 9.08

Yeah and I’ve put it on the confirmed signings thread. 

11 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Yes Geoff there will be team suits this year for the boys...

Regards 

THJ 

Great move, from word go makes a team look a team, can't believe it doesn't even help with team bonding as well. Slightly more cost but worth every penny to me.

Edited by gazzac
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Athos said:

You guys are splashing out thj suits for riders and paying over the odds on wages.

You must have a lot of interesting info for such a broad statement which I'm sure THJ can confirm......

Edited by gazzac
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Athos said:

You guys are splashing out thj suits for riders and paying over the odds on wages.

Oooh yo are awful but I like you... however its not costing the club a penny... a very generous sponsor has been found who will be paying for the suits...

2 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

THJ

Do you know what time and day for meetings ??

Marksman said 3pm on Saturdays, but he wasn't sure.

Yes and no... not trying to be elusive but it will be a Saturday and me personally would like it to be a couple of hours earlier but the consensus seems to be later not earlier (seen your Rugby clashes) and this is to accommodate any locals who may be working a Saturday morning shift... floodlights would definitely make it later... just have to wait and see what transpires after the new year...

1 hour ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Top hat & tails aswell 

And a butt plug for you... a very large one at that...

However the other bonus will be Steve Lawson in the pits who will be there to offer advice... and if these young kids (and their mechanic's)  don't grasp that with both hands and listen to what the legend is saying they will definitely miss the opportunity of a life time...

Regards

THJ 

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Oooh yo are awful but I like you... however its not costing the club a penny... a very generous sponsor has been found who will be paying for the suits...

Yes and no... not trying to be elusive but it will be a Saturday and me personally would like it to be a couple of hours earlier but the consensus seems to be later not earlier (seen your Rugby clashes) and this is to accommodate any locals who may be working a Saturday morning shift... floodlights would definitely make it later... just have to wait and see what transpires after the new year...

And a butt plug for you... a very large one at that...

However the other bonus will be Steve Lawson in the pits who will be there to offer advice... and if these young kids (and their mechanic's)  don't grasp that with both hands and listen to what the legend is saying they will definitely miss the opportunity of a life time...

Regards

THJ 

I'm waiting for my xtra xtra xtra large but plug back from you flower pot