British Speedway Forum

World Cup - Wroclaw July 2023

Great meeting, well done Poland and all the teams all went down to fine margins, in the beginning it looked like a dogfight between GB and Poland , so well done to the Aussies and Denmark for keeping it close.

It was evident that changes would be made in the nominated heats for Denmark and GB .

Only six points between first and fourth , just shows how even the teams were.

Had a great time. Last night the racing was vastly improved from previous rounds. The atmosphere was fantastic and our lads gave it a real good go. Yes it was a shame as we nearly had it but I think second place still deserves respect. The Polish fans that we sat around were very friendly and were very interested in us. For my first time in Poland I had a great weekend and certainly will be back. The only complaint for me was the queues at the bar and the painfully slow beer tap! 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Speedwaycrazy said:

A favour please?

Does anyone know how I can watch last nights World Cup Final on catch up/  replay [please?

Here's hoping.....

Thanks in advance

Discovery+ app on either smart Tv or iPad etc - you can watch the entire meeting!

it was great night of racing - just fell short - never understand why people don’t get the point about belief / mental toughness it’s what separates the elite in all areas of life!! 

Edited by GeneralMelchett

11 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

During the TV pre amble Kelvin and Ricko has an exchange and stated that all the riders were capable and the differences in lap times were minimal

They stated be a World Champion the difference was likely to be that mental strength and belief that you would win

In the last block of heats that's what it came down too and is why the Poles won

Kubera pulled out a win that hadn't seemed likely. Zmarzlik and Magic both produces passes to pick up places that really shouldn't have been possible

GB however didn't deliver even the one barnstormer required despite having four goes at it and therefore fell just short

They didn't bottle it, they didn't fail - both those viewpoints are frankly a little ridiculous

They simply weren't quite good enough 

Spot on - although a future world champ would learn from this and use it to their advantage for the future! Out of early disappointment comes success often! 

Great meeting last night, more than made up for the very poor semi’s and run offs earlier in the week. GB came so close but were let down by “Mr Ego” and the Danes did far better than I thought too (also let down by their Mr Ego!!!!)

We should have this format every year, not just once in three i.m.o.

1 minute ago, Crumpet125 said:

It was a personal observation, not a criticism of anyone. As Tatum was constantly pointing out, running last places can be very costly in a team event, and so it proved. I thought Adam's contribution of 4 from 3 rides was a good effort.

Thing is that was probably the most competitive WTC regarding best 4 Teams and  4 riders,anyone could have ran a last in any race.We just have to take it for what it was a great meeting ,as the result showed any one could have won it.

22 hours ago, keepturningleft said:

Just when you are about give up on speedway, along comes a meeting like this.

Fantastic stuff from 4 evenly matched teams all giving it their very best.

All four teams were winners and a triumph for the sport of speedway.

Maybe this a good template for the way speedway should go in the UK, four teams at every meeting so potentially more travelling fans, 5 man teams, run it at 16 heats or something. 

3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

No,but who would wish that upon any rider.He does have superb bike control though and he is brave and fearless as results show.Easily the best rider in the World at the moment. IMO

whos wishing him a serious injury:nono:  I'm asking how he would ride coming back from a injury, that is the test of the mental attitude. you are talking as if ive never seen him ride.:rofl:

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, DazS said:

whos wishing him a serious injury:nono:  I'm asking how he would ride coming back from a injury, that is the test of the mental attitude. you are talking as if ive never seen him ride.:rofl:

I must admit I find it a strange question to ask , one would assume he would return to the  "once in generation " rider that he is !