British Speedway Forum

World Cup - Wroclaw July 2023

6 minutes ago, tyler42 said:

Why when Morris and co get involved with these good tracks, do they constantly make a pigs ear of them? Why is the track so slick that the racing line is 1 meter from the white line?? Usually the racing is pretty good from this track. Just like the GP's  absolutely rubbish

Morris should let somone else   sort the tracks and he could act as pit marshall

Edited by FAST GATER
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ghostwalker said:

I can agree to some extent. However it just shows that you can't all 4 events at the same track. Track has to be ultra slick to be able to handle 4 races in 5 days.
Not enough supporter base to cover 4 races at the same venue.

I think it has to be split up or have some kind of dual hosts. Like both Semi finals in one country (i.ex. in Britain at Manchester and Kings Lynn)
then have the race off and final in another country, like Sweden with race off at one track and the final at another (i.e. in Sweden like Eskilstuna/Sannahed and Västervik/Gislaved).
Semi finals races are close enough for allowing fans to from abroad to travel to see both, but still not too close to rely on the same supporter base to 100 percent.

Absolutely. Format is the problem. FIM are the problem

Surely the tv companies and sponsors can't be happy with this ?

Fans obviously aren't happy. Someone travels half way round the world and prefers to sit in the hotel :D

Edited by iris123
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, FAST GATER said:

Morris should let somone else   sort the tracks and he could act as pit marshall

He'd probably still flood the place...

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, TheReturn said:

Thank you I was just coming to ask the same, I cant hear any commentary just the stadium noise. 

On my sky q remote I press the right arrow twice and the audio menu pops up top right and can select options through it

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Fans obviously aren't happy. Someone travels half way round the world and prefers to sit in the hotel :D

I wouldn't imagine the TV companies care what the racing is like it's just about filing airtime for them, what they'd probably be more concerned about is the lack of a crowd as they are also the promoters, otherwise its just about viewing figures

13 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Agree on above. Always going to be emptyish SF's.

2 or 3 events enough for me. If we win tomorrow night might or might not attend Race Off for a bit. If we lose, yes, I will. Whole thing is about the final.

The fact that Poland auto qualify straight to the final was always a mistake. Really interesting in FIM keep same format for 2026, and where they hold it. Poland could easily host it again, but who else has stadiums that do the final justice? Cardiff? Australia? 

• Like 1