British Speedway Forum

Champions

1 hour ago, mc131 said:

And the rulebook says there is play offs end of, so no you can't just scrap it even if the league winner is 7 points clear

Is there not a cut off date in the rule book as well?

1 hour ago, Noelinho said:

With all these endless, tedious debates, you’d think it actually matters and the winners get a prize.

Of course they do, they get the biggest prize of all... Their fans get to gloat on this meaningless forum for the rest of the year... What could be better than that... For the resident trolls anyway :D

• Like 1

With all these postponed attempts at trying to stage the second leg it has given all fans the opportunity to put their take On events all with differing opinions what went wrong and what the answers are etc seen a few saying they don't care anymore and that is understandable but in reality we all want well Leicester and Poole fans want the final resolved but it must be at Leicester it's only fair and not forgetting the riders who look forward to a final pay day before putting the bikes away for the winter.Next season the powers that be must sort all this mess out arrange the league matches during the summer months and leave all other auxiliary fixtures to run if and when.

6 hours ago, Essex said:

With all these postponed attempts at trying to stage the second leg it has given all fans the opportunity to put their take On events all with differing opinions what went wrong and what the answers are etc seen a few saying they don't care anymore and that is understandable but in reality we all want well Leicester and Poole fans want the final resolved but it must be at Leicester it's only fair and not forgetting the riders who look forward to a final pay day before putting the bikes away for the winter.Next season the powers that be must sort all this mess out arrange the league matches during the summer months and leave all other auxiliary fixtures to run if and when.

Ah yes those summer months when there is no rain, complaints about dust and no other major competing sports?! It's all too simple ain't it!!?

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Ah yes those summer months when there is no rain, complaints about dust and no other major competing sports?! It's all too simple ain't it!!?

It should be simple but the people who run British speedway make it seem incredibly complicated. I think they have proved beyond doubt that they are not fit for purpose, unless of course their purpose is to run our sport into the ground as far as they can.

• Like 2

When the Payoff's were introduced for the 2006 season. that was the time for me to walk away from the

sport I watched since 1964, the League Champions should the team who has the most points at the end

of all League Matches, not just the ones tagged onto the end.

I have kept an eye on things as the years have passed and nothing has happened to make me regret that

decision, my general health is so bad now stops me even thinking of returning and I not surprised that

attendances are dropping every year.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Gambo said:

But (some) Poole fans want to win it after just one Play Off leg! :rolleyes:

To be fair Poole just want to win full stop, that is literally all they care about.

Fairness, consistency and openness is ok for everyone else as long as Poole win every competition.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, scampispeedway said:

When the Payoff's were introduced for the 2006 season. that was the time for me to walk away from the

sport I watched since 1964, the League Champions should the team who has the most points at the end

I have kept an eye on things as the years have passed and nothing has happened to make me regret that

decision, my general health is so bad now stops me even thinking of returning and I not surprised that

And they are here to stay as most if the time they can actually ensure clubs stay in the black and even make a good profit.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, scampispeedway said:

It's almost as if people think it's only speedway that have playoffs. It happens in pretty much EVERY team sport now. All American sports (NHL, NFL, NBA, MLB and more), football (bar the Premier League and a few other top national leagues), rugby league, rugby union and cricket (bar the County Championship, although only a matter of time).

I don't think the playoffs are the reason attendances are dropping! They are arguably what stops it from dropping further - only got to look at the attendances for the Grand Final matches at Belle Vue, Sheffield and Poole for evidence of that.

There's a reason so many sports want playoffs, because they work from a commercial sense and fans across most sports mentioned above love them (it's just the ones where the league table toppers don't win that hate them).

Edited by Bojangles

46 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

To be fair Poole just want to win full stop, that is literally all they care about.

Fairness, consistency and openness is ok for everyone else as long as Poole win every competition.

Everyone is in it to win it, what would be the point otherwise, Poole just happen to be good at it 

• Like 1

If Scunthorpe were the league topping team I am sure due to god dropping excessive water and the 2 headed finals were not completed they would declare themselves the winners , and what a great way to step up to the premiership league with the championship title in the bag . I vote for Leicester , led the table all season and did not take to knobbling the opposition to climb the table . . I am not implying dirty riding tactics of course . Racing incidents I am reliably informed …

34 minutes ago, Jonnybegood said:

If Scunthorpe were the league topping team I am sure due to god dropping excessive water and the 2 headed finals were not completed they would declare themselves the winners , and what a great way to step up to the premiership league with the championship title in the bag . I vote for Leicester , led the table all season and did not take to knobbling the opposition to climb the table . . I am not implying dirty riding tactics of course . Racing incidents I am reliably informed …

Surprise surprise a Plymouth fan making a GUEST appearance 

• Haha 1

Day after day, week after week, year after year, irrespective of league they are in these arrogant idiots are at it. 

The sooner the Barrett helicopter is spotted over Wimborne Road and the New Estate footings go in the better for the Sport in the UK

Free of these insufferable serial cheats and their arrogance. 

Good riddence when it comes. 

I miss great rivals like Cradley and Coventry who were bitter rivals but they earned respect as did their supporters. 

Not Poole.. Hated for what they are. Arrogant cheats. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

4 minutes ago, HGould said:

Day after day, week after week, year after year, irrespective of league they are in these arrogant idiots are at it. 

The sooner the Barrett helicopter is spotted over Wimborne Road and the New Estate footings go in the better for the Sport in the UK

I miss great rivals like Cradley and Coventry who were bitter rivals but they earned respect as did their supporters. 

Please explain how we have cheated, as for wishing another club to fold, you are know speedway fan 

59 minutes ago, HGould said:

Sad confused and bitter. As for wishing a club to close that's just plain stupid and out of order. We're quite used to the jealous, envy and hate - it comes with  a fair degree of success. Ask any speedway promoter if their attendance increases when Poole visit. It's a Yes from me ... and them.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, scunny1 said:

Why don't we just call the League Champions the team who get the most league points. Playoffs can just be a little tournament to keep interest in the top teams until season ends.  Is that just too easy for all to comprehend?

You weren't saying that in 2012 when the Diamonds won the league but you won the little knockout competition at the end, Scorpions league champions apparently??