British Speedway Forum

Champions

14 minutes ago, lewy said:

Due to the fact the weather has made a complete farce of the playoffs,surely the team that scored the most points over the season finishing 6pts above 2nd and 7pts above 3rd should be crowned champions 

Would you be saying the same if Poole finished top 

Poole held the first leg and won 49-41.  If Leicester can't hold the second leg, they should forfeit the tie and Poole be crowned Champions.  I don't agree with the Play-offs and I think whoever tops the League at the end of the season should be Champions, but I believe they are here to stay.  They quite simply should start the Play-offs earlier.  Hoping fans turn out in what is usualy cold damp conditions is ridiculous (especially when you consider a lot of fans are of an older generation).

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Would you be saying the same if Poole finished top 

I don't think you can argue the fact that Leicester finished 7pts clear of Poole. The same would apply if Poole finished top by 7pts no argument against facts. My fear is the riders involved will get injured riding on a track that isn't familiar with any of them,as we saw at Poole they really putting it on the line.

12 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

If it was Plymouth instead of Poole in the final, no chance would you say this! Even Mike is more objective than you. 

Leicester scored 7pts more than Poole.,fact! You can't get anymore objective than that. 

Edited by lewy

52 minutes ago, lewy said:

Due to the fact the weather has made a complete farce of the playoffs,surely the team that scored the most points over the season finishing 6pts above 2nd and 7pts above 3rd should be crowned champions 

This could be a 20 page fishing trip.

Well done m8 you have planted the seed to land a few whoppers.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lewy said:

Leicester scored 7pts more than Poole.,fact! You can't get anymore objective than that. 

Champions are decided by playoffs not league table, as agreed by all teams, i wouldn't think Leicester would want to win it any other way 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

And Poole scored 8 points more than Leicester last week! :D

It doesn't really matter what you or I think. Only thing that matters is what is in the rulebook. 

And the rulebook says there is play offs end of, so no you can't just scrap it even if the league winner is 7 points clear

Edited by mc131
  • Like 1