British Speedway Forum

Sheffield v Ipswich PL Monday 24th October

There is little interest in this fixture I know but Ipswich have the opportunity to go top of the league. They are at full strength whilst Sheffieild will be without Musielak (family emergency) and Howarth (illness). Sam Masters guests for Musielak which is a little surprising as I thought he might have called time on this season plus he is not named in the Wolves line up for tomorrow's pairs.

Sheffield would have been better off moving this meeting to Tuesday at Leicester and hosted the pairs at Owlerton tonight, save the travelling Witches hoard of fans a couple of hours driving.

• Haha 1

Weather should hold, surprising that given the (genuine lot of) rain we have had in the last 24 hours it still is going ahead - for one I am glad its still going on - I very much doubt any Ipswich fans will be travelling 4 hrs for this!

16 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

Weather should hold, surprising that given the (genuine lot of) rain we have had in the last 24 hours it still is going ahead - for one I am glad its still going on - I very much doubt any Ipswich fans will be travelling 4 hrs for this!

I'm sure a few will travel,,,some just like to watch 4 blokes on bikes going round and round

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Starke has “broken down” en route, Lee Complin guests. 

Had he borrowed Richies old van and it still had Edinburgh in the satnav? :D

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, MANSE said:

KLINDT missing, PICKERING missing, STARKE missing, MUSIELAK missing, from tonights meetings and you make a joke about CRAIG COOKS van  one SICK poole  numpty 

And one Glasgow numpty responding, just chill out man 

Edited by Arthur54
  • Confused 1

Definite end of season feel to this match - not a great crowd - there were however 1 or two really decent passes tonight - mainly involving Danny King - Lewis Kerr and Connor Mountain continue to impress - Masters was a very good guest as well. The Witches were largely a 2 man effort tonight Doyle and King both worth their points - Riss had a bit of a go as well. 

Edited by GeneralMelchett
  • Like 1