British Speedway Forum

Oxford Cheetahs 2023

11 hours ago, Hilly said:

Dilon Ruml has stated he won't be with the Cheetahs in 2023. Doesn't appear to have anything lined up at present.

strange as he showed signs of improving on a few occasions.

wonder if he'll pair up with his mate Broc somewhere?

Broc seems to be really struggling with shoulder injuries and confidence though so not sure where they could go.

Hopefully NOT Birmingham as not sure either would  be increasng their averages much in 2023.

Does Dillon still have work permit qualification as didn't he miss out on top spots in US Finals last year? (just something in the back of my mind about that).

14 hours ago, Hilly said:

Dilon Ruml has stated he won't be with the Cheetahs in 2023. Doesn't appear to have anything lined up at present.

Massive shame if this is true. He improved throughout 2022 and only has the potential to get even better in my opinion. Would have been my first name on the teamsheet for 2023.

Edited by Bojangles
  • Like 1

On 11/8/2022 at 8:14 PM, Hilly said:

Given Ruml upped his average riding at reserve in 95% of the matches, I wouldn't be keen on him as a lower points limit means he's bound to start in the main body of the team!

Edited by szkocjasid

Realistic four to begin with???

Nicholls - would seem sensible, held the team together away from home on occasions last season

Harris - rumoured to have agreed a deal last season should Oxford have gone Premier, known to be leaving Berwick, less travelling, still capable of big returns as shown last season

Jenkins - surely will either be at Redcar or Oxford, plenty of up side

Atkins - now an Oxford asset, with a possible reduction in the points limit, a few teams will be looking at 2 pointers at 7, local lad Stoneman is at Berwick, Atkins showed enough for the Chargers to suggest he could make a go of it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hilly said:

Realistic four to begin with???

Nicholls - would seem sensible, held the team together away from home on occasions last season

Harris - rumoured to have agreed a deal last season should Oxford have gone Premier, known to be leaving Berwick, less travelling, still capable of big returns as shown last season

Jenkins - surely will either be at Redcar or Oxford, plenty of up side

Atkins - now an Oxford asset, with a possible reduction in the points limit, a few teams will be looking at 2 pointers at 7, local lad Stoneman is at Berwick, Atkins showed enough for the Chargers to suggest he could make a go of it.

I can only assume Oxford don't rate Atkins, as whenever they needed a 2.00 reserve they picked someone else, even Killeen who must have ridden 3 matches without scoring a point was preferred to Atkins.

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I can only assume Oxford don't rate Atkins, as whenever they needed a 2.00 reserve they picked someone else, even Killeen who must have ridden 3 matches without scoring a point was preferred to Atkins.

I think you will find Atkins was still banned at the time Killeen came into the team

3 hours ago, CowleyCheetahs said:

Harris won’t be at Oxford next year, but I think Jenkins and Atkins would be almost definitely in the team

Are Redcar going to let Jenkins go? Thought he would have been a prime asset for them in 2023.

Edited by Bojangles

Maybe, seen Kerr mentioned as a possible.

Thomas showed glimpses of very good scores last season before getting injured.

The more successful teams last year showed that 3 heat leaders are needed really, an area Oxford struggled with last year.

• Like 1

On 11/15/2022 at 12:21 PM, Bojangles said:

Are Redcar going to let Jenkins go? Thought he would have been a prime asset for them in 2023.

I'm not so convinced on Jenkins. His 5+ ave is based on racing the majority of his meetings in the easier number 7 position. Most likely to start as a second string if the points limit is lower.

Edited by szkocjasid