British Speedway Forum

Oxford Cheetahs 2023

48 minutes ago, Technik said:

I seem to remember the long wait for Kileen to receive his British passport to enable him to race in NDL meetings.

So I feel he is very much British

It literally says he’s Australian in the Oxford press release about their 2023 line-up, but sure, you know better! 

I suppose you think Marvyn Cox is German. 

Edited by Bojangles
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bojangles said:

It literally says he’s Australian in the Oxford press release about their 2023 line-up, but sure, you know better! 

I suppose you think Marvyn Cox is German. 

Luke and brother Dec were both held up from racing in the first half of last season while the UK passport office weren't issuing any passports because all their staff were processing Ukrainian refugees -- it was much the same reason that delayed issue of a work permit/visa to Berwick's Jonas Knudsen.

Many people on here may remember Frank Killeen, who was a rambunctious second-halver at Belle Vue and Wolverhampton in the 1980s -- Frank emigrated to Perth during the 1990s and his two sons were born there.    Both hold UK nationality, and now have British passports. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Luke and brother Dec were both held up from racing in the first half of last season while the UK passport office weren't issuing any passports because all their staff were processing Ukrainian refugees -- it was much the same reason that delayed issue of a work permit/visa to Berwick's Jonas Knudsen.

Many people on here may remember Frank Killeen, who was a rambunctious second-halver at Belle Vue and Wolverhampton in the 1980s -- Frank emigrated to Perth during the 1990s and his two sons were born there.    Both hold UK nationality, and now have British passports. 

Yes, thanks for all that, but Luke is still Australian. He’s racing over here as an Australian. Not sure what you’re trying to prove exactly? That he’s not Australian? 

3 hours ago, Technik said:

I seem to remember the long wait for Kileen to receive his British passport to enable him to race in NDL meetings.

So I feel he is very much British

I would say I’m British as well if it meant I could start my speedway career much easier on a 2.00 average than a 4.00 as well. Nothing against him just taking advantage of the system. I’d be doing the same.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Oxford have announced ticket prices for next season.

Cheetahs
£20 adult in advance (under 16 free)
£22 adult on the pay on the day (under 16 free)

£18 last year, so a jump of £2 (or £4). Pay on the day is still an e-ticket (not at the gate), so not sure why it's more expensive.

Chargers
£12 adult in advance (under 16 free)
£14 adult on the pay on the day (under 16 free)

Same prices as last season (£2 extra for on the day purchase).

Season passes

Season tickets are £269. This includes 8x Cheetahs SGB Championship home matches, 2x Cheetahs BSN Series home matches, 1x Cheetahs Knockout Cup home match, 7x Chargers home fixtures.

Edited by Bojangles
Season ticket details added
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bojangles said:

Cheetahs

£18 last year, so a jump of £2 (or £4). Pay on the day is still an e-ticket (not at the gate), so not sure why it's more expensive.

Chargers

Season passes

Season tickets are £269. This includes 8x Cheetahs SGB Championship home matches, 2x Cheetahs BSN Series home matches, 1x Cheetahs Knockout Cup home match, 7x Chargers home fixtures.

£22 on the day!!! Same as Prem prices :o:o:o

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, Bojangles said:

Cheetahs

Chargers

Season passes

So, £304 for an adult purchasing advance tickets and attending all meetings, or £340 if paying on the day.

Season ticket therefore saves either £35 or £71.

Quite generous :)

19 hours ago, Bojangles said:

Cheetahs

Chargers

Season passes

Those prices are disgusting for second tier Speedway. 

• Like 2