British Speedway Forum

Oxford Cheetahs 2023

11 hours ago, Grachan said:

Might be a good evening's entertaiment if Swindon put a proper Swindon side together.

It would be good to see the 2019 side again, but Oxford would have no chance riding against them so maybe they will strengthen up with guests? Or will it just be a Swindon "select".

Swindon team could, perhaps be: Doyle, Ellis, Musielak, Batchelor, Bellego, Nielsen, Rowe? Or could they even get Jensen over?

The only problem is, with Oxford's limited capacity I'll have to decide in advance rather than wait and see what the weather is like!

Capacity is no longer a problem, while don't worry about the weather - the online ticketing means both transfer and refund options are very easy, no stupid, archaic re-admission tickets!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, lucifer sam said:

Capacity is no longer a problem, while don't worry about the weather - the online ticketing means both transfer and refund options are very easy, no stupid, archaic re-admission tickets!

It was more to do with whether or not I decided to go rather than re-admission.

I normally make a decision on the day, so was more bothered about wanting to go but finding it was sold out.

If capacity is now 3500 then that shouldn't be an issue.

I hope the Swindon team is a proper representative team rather than Jason Doyle and a bunch of random others. There's still plenty riding here to use, but team strengths may be an issue.

Are the grandstand seats allocated, or is it first there? Went twice last year, both warm evenings so chair at top of third bend. Will be a bit cooler in March.

1 hour ago, auntie doris said:

Are the grandstand seats allocated, or is it first there? Went twice last year, both warm evenings so chair at top of third bend. Will be a bit cooler in March.

It’s first come, first served. Only general admission tickets are now sold, so you can go anywhere. 

On 1/26/2023 at 3:51 PM, lisa-colette said:

Good idea! Be interesting to see who is in the Swindon team. 

I thought that "nomadic clubs" from "defunct tracks" had been banned from competing...? :o;)

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

I thought that "nomadic clubs" from "defunct tracks" had been banned from competing...? :o;)

But they are not competing. It is just a label for a select team racing in an open meeting.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Similar thoughts...:D

It's not Swindon. It's a Swindon Select. I did wonder why they didn't just call them Swindon, but you've probably explained it.

12 hours ago, Grachan said:

It's not Swindon. It's a Swindon Select. I did wonder why they didn't just call them Swindon, but you've probably explained it.

But it still mentions Swindon... we were told that we couldnt compete using the terms "Reading" or "Racers" in our name. Having said that I get that these upcoming matches are just one off challenges, so a bit of a different case.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, skydog said:

But it still mentions Swindon... we were told that we couldnt compete using the terms "Reading" or "Racers" in our name. Having said that I get that these upcoming matches are just one off challenges, so a bit of a different case.

Still stinks for all involved at Reading though

• Like 2

3 hours ago, skydog said:

Did they block you from using the term ‘Bulldogs’ aswell? :) 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, steve roberts said:

I would have thought keeping team's names "alive" would encourage lost fans to attend such meetings?

It will and the meeting will be well attended. Thanks to the Redcar promotion for a good business decision all round..

• Like 1