British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh 2023

12 minutes ago, MattB said:

Totally agree.  I'm pleased that Edinburgh's short term future has been secured, but hopefully Harkness, Campbell and the other directors will have learnt a few lessons from from running to the press and telling everyone the new stadium was in the bag, when it blatantly wasn't.

They do a lot of very positive work in the community,  but they've mismanaged this badly

Oh good we’re back to this again……

The promoters chose to go to the press with details of the proposed new stadium in a bid to garner support from the local and wider speedway community. At no point did they suggest it was ‘in the bag’. 

Speedway at Armadale in 2023 was far from assured when the farewell meeting was staged. Cancelling it and then the extension falling through would have been more foolish.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 11/3/2022 at 7:08 PM, JanAndersen said:

Oh good we’re back to this again……

The promoters chose to go to the press with details of the proposed new stadium in a bid to garner support from the local and wider speedway community. At no point did they suggest it was ‘in the bag’. 

Speedway at Armadale in 2023 was far from assured when the farewell meeting was staged. Cancelling it and then the extension falling through would have been more foolish.  

They're far far far from that daft ....... 

4 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

If it's a 40.00 limit?

Edinburgh  
Josh Pickering 8.92
Craig Cook 8.24
Kye Thompson 6.60
Danyon Hume 5.68
Theo Pijper 4.43
Lasse Frederiksen 4.00
Ace Pijper 2.00
Total 39.87

Don’t think Pickering will be back. Wouldn’t be that excited by Hume either. As I said on another thread, if we’re looking for someone at that sort of average I’d approach Dillon Ruml. 

7 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Don’t think Pickering will be back. Wouldn’t be that excited by Hume either. As I said on another thread, if we’re looking for someone at that sort of average I’d approach Dillon Ruml. 

Can see Hume ending up further south in 2023, but Matty Wethers is on 5.36 and could easily hold that average with his past experience at the Dale.  Still an asset too I think. 

7 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Is Ace at Championship level? 

Reckon he would be a quick learner on our patch at any rate and if he came in on a 2.00 he should exceed that over the season with the benefit of Theo's advice and track knowledge to pass on.  If we don't give him the chance - someone else surely will.

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

If it's a 40.00 limit?

Edinburgh  
Josh Pickering 8.92
Craig Cook 8.24
Kye Thompson 6.60
Danyon Hume 5.68
Theo Pijper 4.43
Lasse Frederiksen 4.00
Ace Pijper 2.00
Total 39.87

I know he has a huge average that makes team building difficult, but it doesn't seem right to leave Sam out...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

If it's a 40.00 limit?

Edinburgh  
Josh Pickering 8.92
Craig Cook 8.24
Kye Thompson 6.60
Danyon Hume 5.68
Theo Pijper 4.43
Lasse Frederiksen 4.00
Ace Pijper 2.00
Total 39.87

think first 3 defo going to be in there lasse and i also think hook will be back both worth another year at Armadale maybe broc nichol or dillion ruml and around 3 points left for reserve can’t see pipers riding in the same team as pretty sure theo will want to give Ace as much help advice at meetings if he is going to ride championship and he can’t really do that if he is riding in the same team 

Edited by mac101

3 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

Think josh will stay as don’t think we can fit sam in with the points limit.

1 hour ago, mac101 said:

think first 3 defo going to be in there lasse and i also think hook will be back both worth another year at Armadale maybe broc nichol or dillion ruml and around 3 points left for reserve can’t see pipers riding in the same team as pretty sure theo will want to give Ace as much help advice at meetings if he is going to ride championship and he can’t really do that if he is riding in the same team 

Rather keep paco instead of either Nicol or ruml who both spent lengthy periods at reserve to have the averages they do unlike paco who spent the whole season at 4. 

id like to see us go with 5 of the 7 from last year as there is further improvement in them all. Cook to come in to replace Sam which is virtually impossible and leaves us with just over 3 for the last rider like a Kyle bickley as an example don’t see many options on that average.

1 Sam Masters 10.58
2 Lasse Frederiksen 4.00
3 Kye Thomson 6.60
4 Max Clegg 4.27
5 Craig Cook 8.24
6 Jacob Hook 4.00
7 2 pointer 2.00

It feels a shame to leave out Paco but he's hard to fit in with the 3 heat leaders. Unless you give up on either Jacob or Lasse and go...

1 Sam Masters 10.58
2 Jacob Hook 4.00
3 Kye Thomson 6.60
4 Paco Castagna 4.93
5 Craig Cook 8.24
6 James Sarjeant 3.59
7 2 pointer 2.00

I've also heard that Pickering won't be back which will be a shame, he's one of my favourites and I have a soft spot for Edinburgh

I suppose the 2 pointer could be someone like Tom Woolley, Danny Phillips, Connor Coles, Ryan Kinsley?? Any other suggestions?

14 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:
1 Sam Masters 10.58
2 Lasse Frederiksen 4.00
3 Kye Thomson 6.60
4 Max Clegg 4.27
5 Craig Cook 8.24
6 Jacob Hook 4.00
7 2 pointer 2.00

It feels a shame to leave out Paco but he's hard to fit in with the 3 heat leaders. Unless you give up on either Jacob or Lasse and go...

1 Sam Masters 10.58
2 Jacob Hook 4.00
3 Kye Thomson 6.60
4 Paco Castagna 4.93
5 Craig Cook 8.24
6 James Sarjeant 3.59
7 2 pointer 2.00

I've also heard that Pickering won't be back which will be a shame, he's one of my favourites and I have a soft spot for Edinburgh

I suppose the 2 pointer could be someone like Tom Woolley, Danny Phillips, Connor Coles, Ryan Kinsley?? Any other suggestions?

Sarjeant is retired and I think josh will stay now that we have the track for another year but with the uncertainty he was definitely burning the ears off other promotions for next year at the end of the season. 

• Like 1