British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh 2023

2 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

I’m not really sure what people are expecting for 40 points. 

Take a 2 pointer at 7 and you can build any team to match what was had in 2022 season??

1.Josh Pickering

2. Paul Starke

3. Kye Thomson

4.Paco

5.Craig Cook

6.Connor Bailey 

7.2 pointer 

39.93 I think 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

Take a 2 pointer at 7 and you can build any team to match what was had in 2022 season??

1.Josh Pickering

2. Paul Starke

3. Kye Thomson

4.Paco

5.Craig Cook

6.Connor Bailey 

7.2 pointer 

39.93 I think 

Nathan Ablitt? If I remember correctly Edinburgh prob his best away performance. 

Edit - 3 paid 5 from 3 rides.

Edited by lisa-colette

2 hours ago, SlicktrackSandy said:

This would be my preference for a mix of experience, youth and potential for progression and come just within 40 ( I think )

Pickering

Bailey

Thomson

Castagna

Cook

Hook

Bickley

I believe all the above candidates are still available and it also allows us to keep 4 of our 2022 team plus 1 "old boy" as a bonus for losing Sam.

Do you think Bickley is worth a punt?

Got to agree with Mr Anderson that Lasse, having had a years experience of the track would be a better bet than Bailey while their away potential is probably about the same although Lasse has had less experience.

1 minute ago, cinderfella said:

Do you think Bickley is worth a punt?

Got to agree with Mr Anderson that Lasse, having had a years experience of the track would be a better bet than Bailey while their away potential is probably about the same although Lasse has had less experience.

Bickley is nailed on for Edinburgh 

1 hour ago, Cast1rn said:

1.Josh Pickering

2. Paul Starke

3. Kye Thomson

4.Paco

5.Craig Cook

6.Connor Bailey 

7.2 pointer 

39.93 I think 

Has Paul Starke not announced his retirement stating "he's getting to old to bounce well" or words to that effect?

10 hours ago, Noelinho said:

Why wouldn't Nathan be at Poole? Surely, they'd want to hang on to him, as the two-pointer with a year's experience.

Maybe Poole are not going for a 2 pointer this time around?

As for Nathan he lives in the deep south and relies on his father to take time off work to ferry him around. Edinburgh is a long long way for home meetings!!

21 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

As for Nathan he lives in the deep south and relies on his father to take time off work to ferry him around. Edinburgh is a long long way for home meetings!!

Like most of our NL products , Eastbourne closing caused a major problem. 

22 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Only way Nathan will be riding at Edinburgh is as a away rider.

7 hours ago, Girdy17 said:

Picko

lasse

cook

paco

kye

hook

bickley 

although no sure about that team.

for me it fits, but would be pressure on too 3 again if that was the team. This 40 point is a pain in the backside really. 

Depends if Kye and Paco can show more consistency especially away from home. They were up and down more than  a fiddler’s elbow last season. Can’t think of many meetings where they both clicked in the same match.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Girdy17 said:

This 40 point is a pain in the backside really. 

When you consider Poole, Leicester and Glasgow are going to drop 4, 5 and 6 points respectively from their final score next year it just shows how much speedway is being diluted.

My thoughts are the league winners final average should be the building point for the next season so teams are improving. Maybe we would get some loyalty and riders returning the next year.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cinderfella said:

When you consider Poole, Leicester and Glasgow are going to drop 4, 5 and 6 points respectively from their final score next year it just shows how much speedway is being diluted.

My thoughts are the league winners final average should be the building point for the next season so teams are improving. Maybe we would get some loyalty and riders returning the next year.

There would be quite a few riders without a place on averages between 2 & 4.

Only way to get loyalty is discount the riders average at the team building stage(10%)

2 hours ago, cinderfella said:

Why have Poole got to drop 4 points? They finished on 43 points with any Brits still to get the 2.5% reduction.