British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh 2023

11 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Against an extraordinarily weak Plymouth team. He also had 10 rides for the Cheetahs failing to score, so I think it is fair to say the jury's out.

He beat Troy Batchelor in heat 9 at sunny Armadale. Granted, Monarchs got a 5-1 and TB was off 15m but a point is a point at the end of the day :)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ghosty said:

Kileen did ride a NL meeting for Oxford @ Plymouth when he impressed everyone, the last newcomer to make the same impression on me was certain Tai Woffenden.

When he rode for Oxford v Glasgow in the Championship he looked totally out of his depth. Zero from 4, well off the pace, only completed 2 races. 

There's a big gap between NDL & Championship standard

20 hours ago, SlicktrackSandy said:

The guy must be highly encouraged after reading all these pages of tripe !  The lad is only 20 y.o. still - all that is history. Let's see what he can do in 2023 with our guys to help him along.

Tip number one for any Speedway rider: stay away from Speedway forums. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, King Jamie said:

He beat Troy Batchelor in heat 9 at sunny Armadale. Granted, Monarchs got a 5-1 and TB was off 15m but a point is a point at the end of the day :)

I thought well of Batch that night.   He hàd càught the làd on the third lap, but wàs clearly aware it would be his first Championship point, and sat behind him to the flag. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

Jacob Hook confirmed. Fancy him to really kick on this season. Welcome back Jacob. 

Was really beginning to find his feet at the end of the season. Having a reasonable summer (just for gaz) so far back home as well so should kick on again next year.

Edited by Mr Blobby

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

Was really beginning to find his feet at the end of the season. Having a reasonable winter so far back home as well so should kick on again next year.

Reasonable Summer back home just to be pedantic.

• Haha 2

On 12/8/2022 at 8:48 PM, SlicktrackSandy said:

The guy must be highly encouraged after reading all these pages of tripe !  The lad is only 20 y.o. still - all that is history. Let's see what he can do in 2023 with our guys to help him along.

I would think most riders do not read this forum .

• Like 1

On 12/10/2022 at 1:33 PM, topaz325 said:

I would think most riders do not read this forum .

I suspect you are right when it comes to the older, more established riders, they will know better than take too much notice of what is said online, but its human nature to want to know what is being said about us & I think that instinct is even stronger in the generation who have grown up with social media.

I was surprised when I started helping out on Speedway Updates to get messages on my facebook from a few racers & family of riders who had obviously been reading the comments not just taking a quick look at the scores as I had expected them to.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2022 at 1:09 PM, TTT said:

Is this your team?

1. Pickering

2. Hook

3. Thomson

4. Castagna

5. Cookie

6. Lasse F

7. Bickley

Personally don't think it looks strong, but need more complete teams to compare it to. However also look good enough to be title challengers (only need to finish 6th out of 9).

Is this your team?

1. Pickering

2. Hook

3. Thomson

4. Castagna

5. Cookie

6. Lasse F

7. Bickley

Would be interesting to see who as the season progresses developes into yhe 3rd heat leader but also who falls to 2nd reserve position

1 hour ago, cinderfella said:

Would be interesting to see who as the season progresses developes into yhe 3rd heat leader but also who falls to 2nd reserve position

It has to be Kye I think. Towards the end of last season he’d added a toughness to his riding. Not dirty but certainly stronger. Hopefully we see more of that next year. 

3 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Personally don't think it looks strong, but need more complete teams to compare it to. However also look good enough to be title challengers (only need to finish 6th out of 9).

Most would be happy with that team I would have thought.  Doubt if we could have done much better without a major upheaval which nobody would have wanted. If Lasse gets himself a bit more comfortable with the Armadale turns next year we could do o.k.  He looked really fast at Redcar.   Almost certainly good enough for top 6  and maybe even go at least as far as this year.  

Edited by SlicktrackSandy
  • Like 1

Is this your team?

1. Pickering

2. Hook

3. Thomson

4. Castagna

5. Cookie

6. Lasse F

7. Bickley

If it is then Paco has to do more than just turn up in heat 14. 

The top two of Pickering and Cook would be better than Glasgow's of Basso and Harris. If Kye can make the next step up then he can be just as good as Tom Brennan in that number 3 role and it has the makings of a good team.