British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2023

1 hour ago, Cookiefan said:

On the home front towards the new season, looking forward to it with an exciting team of racers. Can we do better? Hopefully we can stay injury free for a change, regardless of outcome, I am sure we will be entertained at Ashfield, however I may have to watch through my fingers !!! Mon the Tigers 

Injuries are the big thing, no doubt they have robbed you of a shot at the title more than once in the recent past. 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Beirao said:

Hope this attitude percolate through the club. Has there been too much pressure on the team to win a trophy in the past and have they buckled under it...or were we just unlucky with injuries... or both?

The BSN and Play Off three team sections are a lottery.  It can be outwith your control. It only takes one team to have problems in a home fixture , giving the other team a valuable away win and the aggregate bonus point and your team is eliminated. 

Always be pressure from the owners and management to win things.

23 hours ago, Beirao said:

Hope this attitude percolate through the club. Has there been too much pressure on the team to win a trophy in the past and have they buckled under it...or were we just unlucky with injuries... or both?

The BSN and Play Off three team sections are a lottery.  It can be outwith your control. It only takes one team to have problems in a home fixture , giving the other team a valuable away win and the aggregate bonus point and your team is eliminated. 

Or they were beaten by the better team?

Not sure I'd call it a lottery, I get your point about the results of other teams, but that's sport basically.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2023 at 12:25 PM, Mr Blobby said:

Always be pressure from the owners and management to win things.

Quote from Cami Brown on the Glasgow website

Every individual rider has been given a target by the club. If they reach those aims, we will be a very successful side.”

50 minutes ago, Beirao said:

Quote from Cami Brown on the Glasgow website

Every individual rider has been given a target by the club. If they reach those aims, we will be a very successful side.”

Isn't that what happened in the past, team members were given an envelope before the meeting with expectations of score inside, this putting undue pressure on the riders !!  Maybe a reason your trophy cabinet remains empty, may need a different type of team management??

• Like 2