British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2023

8 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

I'll take a stab Mr vissing is being saved for Christmas week (Santa Claus n all that). The debated 7th rider as a Christmas present in the form of young Tate or the krampus if it's complin? Lol

Think you'll get your reserve first.

On 12/11/2022 at 5:34 PM, szkocjasid said:

I've gotta say I think Complin in underrated, which I can understand as his rolling average finished at 3.18 & he has to come in on a 4.00 ave. However that doesn't tell the whole story.

Complin's average for all fixtures (Newcastle, Plymouth & as a guest) is 3.60 take off his fixtures at Brough Park (which were far below his away scores) as he'll not have to return there and it goes up to 4.32! 

Stats from http://www.gbspeedway.com

And I also want to recommend one site for Irish residents - SlotEire - there are many entertainment options. When you get tired of watching speedway, go to this site.

Do you think Complin can outdo the competition? It sounds good, and it has potential. Let's see how it actually turns out.

Edited by Ronan1001

5 hours ago, Jaizer said:

I'll take a stab Mr vissing is being saved for Christmas week (Santa Claus n all that). The debated 7th rider as a Christmas present in the form of young Tate or the krampus if it's complin? Lol

I read somewhere online today a quote from young Tate Z saying that he was knocked out and also suffered a couple of seizures after his crash at Gillman. Has to stay off the bike a couple of months. 

Might scupper the Tigers plans if he's not fit enough to come over. Head injuries are a strange old thing, hopefully he'll be totally fine.

1 minute ago, Triple.H. said:

I read somewhere online today a quote from young Tate Z saying that he was knocked out and also suffered a couple of seizures after his crash at Gillman. Has to stay off the bike a couple of months. 

Might scupper the Tigers plans if he's not fit enough to come over. Head injuries are a strange old thing, hopefully he'll be totally fine.

Could be more than a couple of months if he has suffered seizures.

Some motor sports have a mandatory 12 months without any episodes before licence are renewed.

Can only wish the young man well

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cinderfella said:

Could be more than a couple of months if he has suffered seizures.

Some motor sports have a mandatory 12 months without any episodes before licence are renewed.

Can only wish the young man well

TBH that's exactly what I thought. I read originally that when he got home his mum posted he couldn't remember anything about the crash, which probably happens a fair bit if you get knocked about.  But when I read today about the seizures, I immediately thought that ain't good. He needs tests etc in Australia before he should be allowed to race again. 

This is of course the quote re unconsciousness and seizures being true. Just wish I could remember where I read it, I've had a very stressful day

Found it. The post is in the Australian Final section in International Speedway on this very forum

Apologies I couldn't work out how to share the post to here so I copied and pasted

INJURY UPDATE: Tate Zischke was released from hospital on Sunday and has since said: “I was rushed to hospital with head injuries. Luckily there was no internal bleeding. I don’t remember ever riding in the final. The doctors said I was knocked out and had two seizures. I remember waking up in the hospital wondering what has happened. I’m feeling better now – just a killer headache. Thank you to everyone for the calls and messages, much appreciated. Couple months off the bike resting up.”

38 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

Found it. The post is in the Australian Final section in International Speedway on this very forum

Apologies I couldn't work out how to share the post to here so I copied and pasted

INJURY UPDATE: Tate Zischke was released from hospital on Sunday and has since said: “I was rushed to hospital with head injuries. Luckily there was no internal bleeding. I don’t remember ever riding in the final. The doctors said I was knocked out and had two seizures. I remember waking up in the hospital wondering what has happened. I’m feeling better now – just a killer headache. Thank you to everyone for the calls and messages, much appreciated. Couple months off the bike resting up.”

Doesn't sound good.

I just hope he follows the medical advice given.

19 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Lets hope he makes more appearances than Santa...?

P.s I think that Tate Z could be heading to Brum!?

Edited by GiveusaB
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Lets hope he makes more appearances than Santa...?

P.s I think that Tate Z could be heading to Brum!?

He was reliable last time at Glasgow but I appreciate was unreliable for Brum.

Given his injuries I wonder if be allowed to ride this season

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

Oh dear. I was hoping that with losing Hume and Cook there would be some exciting replacements, not a 40 year old and a 38 year old. Poole supporters will be pleased

I mean if they can get some of the muscle off him get speedway rider physique again I suppose he'll maybe do ok. As I've said before not the ideal reserve partner for young Ace either. Going to very reliant on top 5

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

Oh dear. I was hoping that with losing Hume and Cook there would be some exciting replacements, not a 40 year old and a 38 year old. Poole supporters will be pleased

I wish we had Hume back at Poole but not too concerned that we didn't get Complin although he is an exciting rider usually and probably worth his current average. 

Edited by foreverblue