British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2023

2 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

Has everyone forgotten Joey Ringwood? Or was he better? Dixie couldn’t half pick them (though he also found Nick Morris and Josh Grajczonek)

Ringwood had a bit about him. Couldn't tell you what his average was but imo was the best of that bunch. If he'd came back for 2nd season think would've kicked on

9 hours ago, cinderfella said:

Why O'Malley was even given 27 matches is beyond me.

My recollection is that there were two riders that caught Stewart Dickson’s attention at the same time, Jayden O’Malley and Mason Campton. Of the two, Jayden was performing better in Australia but Stewart needed someone to balance an O’Malley and who better than a Mason?  The out-turn is best forgotten!

46 minutes ago, Gordon Pairman said:

My recollection is that there were two riders that caught Stewart Dickson’s attention at the same time, Jayden O’Malley and Mason Campton. Of the two, Jayden was performing better in Australia but Stewart needed someone to balance an O’Malley and who better than a Mason?  The out-turn is best forgotten!

Indeed Gordon.

Mason was a little patchy to start but improved and sadly more so when he moved to The Comets.

Think Mason finished with a respectable 5+ average.

10 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Complin still fits with a young Aussie who I believe is being mentored by Darcy ward & from what I've been told the kid is something special !! 

Vissing also fits with the young Aussie as does the 5 point Aussie.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cinderfella said:

Or Billy Rae at Coatbridge in 1975

1975..Coatbridge..5..11..4..1..1.82

or some German bloke called Egon Muller in 1973 who amassed 1 point from 7 rides in 2 meetings for an 0.57 ave in 1973?

I suppose we could blame John Wilson's spare bike for that as we all know what Egon went onto on his own machinery 

Neil asked him if he had brought handlebars with him, he replied he had many bikes with different bars so it wasn't a problem. His excuse for his poor return?..........That's right the handlebars didn't suit him. Still, he was a brilliant rider.

3 hours ago, Gordon Pairman said:

Was it not a similar situation with Grajczonek & Davey? Mitchell was thought to be the most promising but it turned out to be Josh!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

Has everyone forgotten Joey Ringwood? Or was he better? Dixie couldn’t half pick them (though he also found Nick Morris and Josh Grajczonek)

5 hours ago, MD said:

Ringwood deserved a second season IMO, he was better than the others around this era but not to be.

5 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Ringwood had a bit about him. Couldn't tell you what his average was but imo was the best of that bunch. If he'd came back for 2nd season think would've kicked on

Ringwood was better 3.70 (4.20). Seems he was worth another go.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Was it not a similar situation with Grajczonek & Davey? Mitchell was thought to be the most promising but it turned out to be Josh!

Mitch was very very unlucky with injuries, every time he seemed to get a run of form got another very nasty injury. Think Edinburgh fans might say the same. But you're right when they arrived wasn't much between them at all. Mitch started in main body and josh at reserve so take from that what you will lol

I've gotta say I think Complin in underrated, which I can understand as his rolling average finished at 3.18 & he has to come in on a 4.00 ave. However that doesn't tell the whole story.

Complin's average for all fixtures (Newcastle, Plymouth & as a guest) is 3.60 take off his fixtures at Brough Park (which were far below his away scores) as he'll not have to return there and it goes up to 4.32!

Stats from http://www.gbspeedway.com