British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2023

21 minutes ago, K7KDD said:

I'd say Poole are the team to beat every year, they're surely the favourites to win the title again, all that experience in winning trophies, tapping into all those top Australians etc.

I'm just delighted we get to watch Poole to be honest.

So thankful for Poole. God bless them. 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

Have any financial dealings not got to be made through the Stock Exchange first? :rolleyes:

Be waiting on it closing so it slips under the radar and then announce it just before the kids race first meeting of the season.

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Exactly - thats why I posted!!

No point in having great social media comms and wonderfully designed announcements if the basic info is wrong!!:D

So the bait was floated and the stalkers followed.:rofl:

'Ben has been a great asset to the club and we’re incredibly pleased to have him back for 2023. Ben’s current average is 9.08' - taken from the Glasgow website.

Edited by Skidder1

46 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

So the bait was floated and the stalkers followed.:rofl:

'Ben has been a great asset to the club and we’re incredibly pleased to have him back for 2023. Ben’s current average is 9.08' - taken from the Glasgow website.

Tools will be Tools .

11 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Won't the 9.08 be what Ben's actual average is inclusive of bonus points? Don't see that stat on the sgb website anymore but about half a point sounds about right for a guy doesn't like getting beat, even by his teammate lol

A whole array of averages to quote from. 9.08 seems to be the GSA figure including BPs as shown on the BSPL website, the figure excluding BPs is 8.33 - lower than the 8.52 used for team building purposes.

His season long average, based on 18 meetings comes in at 7.85 or 8.59 if you include BPs. His home averages are shown as 8.89 and 9.60 while his away figures are a less impressive 6.56 and 7.33.

Take your pick ! 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Beirao said:

A whole array of averages to quote from. 9.08 seems to be the GSA figure including BPs as shown on the BSPL website, the figure excluding BPs is 8.33 - lower than the 8.52 used for team building purposes.

His season long average, based on 18 meetings comes in at 7.85 or 8.59 if you include BPs. His home averages are shown as 8.89 and 9.60 while his away figures are a less impressive 6.56 and 7.33.

Take your pick ! 

No, don't 'take your pick'. The ONLY average with any relevance for team-building is the official BSPL Green Sheet average (Basso's final CL average is 8.52).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Just me or are the "in the know" brigade doing anyone else's nut in?

Heard from a guy, who heard from a guy so therefore I know everything………..

I’m very much in agreement with you. 

the reality is there’s a very very small pool of riders, so once one or two have been announced narrowing it down gets much easier.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

No, don't 'take your pick'. The ONLY average with any relevance for team-building is the official BSPL Green Sheet average (Basso's final CL average is 8.52).

Different figure show  different things. The gap between his home and away averages is concerning, considering he wasn't at number one for any of them.