British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2023

4 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

To clarify, my comment was not in any way a dig at Glasgow, you pay well, but I wasn’t referring to that. I was simply saying that Chris Harris WILL be on a guarantee, just like virtually every other big rider in the Championship has been for the last few seasons. The ‘cap’ on it will be for payments from the club only. Bomber had a sponsor at Berwick this season who paid him a guarantee, in agreement with the club. This will be no different this year, you can’t stop a rider from getting sponsorship money after all. You can stop a club from paying a rider too much, but you can’t stop a rider from being paid too much. 

Also can’t stop them giving riders fairly decent signing on fees, which is basically free money to upgrade equipment that they would normally need to spend themselves.

Just now, Jaizer said:

Like I've said before it's not just his previous run that bothers me with Harris. He's going to drop at least half a point from that average not having Berwick as a home track. And from a team building perspective means had to release Connor and it rumours are correct have complin at reserve instead!! At least as weak as Berwick and Oxford with that choice.

Yes he may take pressure off Ben, and he may score better away but in my head can't see the logic 

Cookies and bombers averages after discount are about .5 apart so your probably right that Connor could’ve been kept on at 6 with Ace at reserve, but the reality is if as is predicted what the team will be for 2023, it would’ve meant Glasgow were betting on Marcin and Claus being the only difference between winning some trophies or failing to do so like the last 2 years with a pretty similar team build.

Craigs average has dropped for the last 3 seasons straight, Connors away scoring was the poorest in the whole team, he put less on his average than Broc who by the looks of things was having a very poor year.

So something had to change, Glasgow had the highest home winning average of every team that made the playoffs but had the worst away scoring compared to the same teams. With the 2 point reduction in team building seems to have forced teams into a very average team building or putting the focus on 1,3,5 with a slightly weak looking reserve, what’s the right way to go???? I don’t know but I’m sure come mid September we’ll know whether Cammi has made the right choice or not.

1 hour ago, TigerIan said:

Guarantees are limited and points capped at £90 this year! There going to be very strict about it.

Everything in speedway can be manipulated to suit and the ruling body know it - they just turn a blind eye because at some point every promotion will need to take an advantage in one way or another.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

I’m sure come mid September we’ll know whether Cammi has made the right choice or not.

I hope to hell the team building hasn't been left solely  to him or perhaps that's how  guarantees are met through sponsorship?

On the Payment front I genuinely couldn’t give a monkeys how the riders are paid. I just want to see that when they pull up and zip up the Tigers Kevlar's on a Friday night at Ashfield that they give their all to win and entertain the fans in the Stands who have spent their hard earn cash to support the sport we all love.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

Cookies and bombers averages after discount are about .5 apart so your probably right that Connor could’ve been kept on at 6 with Ace at reserve, but the reality is if as is predicted what the team will be for 2023, it would’ve meant Glasgow were betting on Marcin and Claus being the only difference between winning some trophies or failing to do so like the last 2 years with a pretty similar team build.

Craigs average has dropped for the last 3 seasons straight, Connors away scoring was the poorest in the whole team, he put less on his average than Broc who by the looks of things was having a very poor year.

So something had to change, Glasgow had the highest home winning average of every team that made the playoffs but had the worst away scoring compared to the same teams. With the 2 point reduction in team building seems to have forced teams into a very average team building or putting the focus on 1,3,5 with a slightly weak looking reserve, what’s the right way to go???? I don’t know but I’m sure come mid September we’ll know whether Cammi has made the right choice or not.

I wasn't really talking about cookie, been fairly obvious a change of scenery was needed there for both parties. Obviously the best option would've been son of God, but why would Poole let him go and given his southern base why would he leads Poole. Maybe Harris was the only 8-9pointer available I don't know.

It's a home centric team predicted anyway with nowak, vissing and Ben imo. With BP being back might now be way to go, worked for Exeter (don't mention the 74-16 :(). 

Hard to tell but I don't see that being challenging side in play offs. Happy to be proven wrong

3 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

I wasn't really talking about cookie, been fairly obvious a change of scenery was needed there for both parties. Obviously the best option would've been son of God, but why would Poole let him go and given his southern base why would he leads Poole. Maybe Harris was the only 8-9pointer available I don't know.

It's a home centric team predicted anyway with nowak, vissing and Ben imo. With BP being back might now be way to go, worked for Exeter (don't mention the 74-16 :(). 

Hard to tell but I don't see that being challenging side in play offs. Happy to be proven wrong

I would of happily taken Richie too, if travel had been an issue he could’ve moved into my shed.

I also think your completely right on the lack of 8-9 pointers and when the decision to take Ben back was made then that’s all that could’ve fit.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

I would of happily taken Richie too, if travel had been an issue he could’ve moved into my shed.

I also think your completely right on the lack of 8-9 pointers and when the decision to take Ben back was made then that’s all that could’ve fit.

Ben and Harris (if it’s him)are8-9 pointers how can you have anymore with the points limit.?

10 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

Looking at what’s been announced so far I don’t see any team looking stronger than Glasgow so far??

Really…depends on Vissing for me is key if last  year was a one off then its a decent side but if Complin and Pijper are the reserves thats really really weak 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, phillipsr said:

Really…depends on Vissing for me is key if last  year was a one off then its a decent side but if Complin and Pijper are the reserves thats really really weak 

think pijper will hold his own needs to bulk up a bit over the winter great rider just needs a bit more strength 

10 minutes ago, mac101 said:

think pijper will hold his own needs to bulk up a bit over the winter great rider just needs a bit more strength 

I actually hope so with him he looks a real talent but he needs the perfect partner to take pressure of him and Complin isnt it 

• Like 1

Just now, Fromafar said:

Still can’t believe they have signed Complin.(if true)

There must be an Aussie hasn't been to Denmark or Poland worth more of a punt. I know Poole have apparently cornered that market (if believe their thread) but sure were a couple in Aussie U21 who finished above Mr Bowes. 

42 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

I hope to hell the team building hasn't been left solely  to him or perhaps that's how  guarantees are met through sponsorship?

he never makes the choice in the first place we all no the facennas make that choice mr a** hole is only afront 

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, mac101 said:

Feels early for him. Hope he does well but it’s a tough school in the Championship. Hope he does National League too - has he been announced anywhere? Berwick again?